Join now - be part of our community!

Format & SS problems....HELP please!!!!

constantine_jk
Visitor

Format & SS problems....HELP please!!!!

First of all, I know that there is another thread regarding this topic, but I thought that it would be better to start a new one related to the specific problems I have.

I decided to format my PC and I backed up my SS library. I then transferred the file to my VP. I did the format and everything was great until I had to install SS. So, I installed the software from the cd and then upgraded it to v2.3 (downloaded from club vaio site). After that, I used the backup tool in order to restore my library. Authentication was done and everything seemed great.

I then went to the Connect website (Europe), and my system requirements were checked and it was noted that I had to install the sonicstageinstaller.exe (EU version).

OK, so I did. Now I have two probelms. The first one is that whenever I try to login to Connect, I get a meassage saying "Sorry, your user account is not valid for this software license and this computer. "

The second problem is that whenever I try to play a song with SS, I get a message saying that I have to connect to internet to obtain a license, but when I do that I get the following message:
"There is invalid rights management information in the OpenMG content"

Now I understand why everyone is complaining about SS. Why does it have to be difficult? I hope there is a solution to my problems (except ripping all mt cds again) :pray:

Please help me!!!! :cry:

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
constantine_jk
Visitor

The second problem is that whenever I try to play a song with SS, I get a message saying that I have to connect to internet to obtain a license, but when I do that I get the following message:
"There is invalid rights management information in the OpenMG content"

Just a correction to the problem above. This only applies to music downloaded from Connect, as I can play all the other songs that were created from CDs.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Write a E-Mail to the Connect-Team. They can help you.

hldomster
Visitor

After this I would stop using connect. Its way too expensive and the website is rubbish, difficult to get what you want and there database is a bit difficult to interpate.

constantine_jk
Visitor

After this I would stop using connect. 

I don't blame you at all. As a matter of fact, I will stop using Connect. The site is no good and now this problem....

I want to find another way for manipulating my music files. If I use Vaio music transfer, is it possible to still obtain CD information or I really have to use SS?

I think I will start using iTunes and then convert the files to ATRAC.

I would appreciate if anyone could suggest which is the best way for buying music online and not having then all these problems with licenses etc

hldomster
Visitor

allofmp3 is meant to be good, if your russians any good:smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

Allofmp3 is even better when you press the button saying 'English' at the top of the page :tongue: though I haven't used it

constantine_jk
Visitor

Allofmp3 is even better when you press the button saying 'English' at the top of the page

It is better indeed :party:

So what is the best way for managing the music files. Buy them and then transfer them with SS to the VP? Or use the Vaio music transfer? I guess that the later doesn't transfer information regarding the album though.

How do you guys save your music. If say you buy online an album, do you then burn it on a cd? I have started getting a bit nervous now that I cannot use the music I bought from Connect.

Thanks in advance

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Don't forget that you can chose the file quality.

But : higher Bitrate = higher price

hldomster
Visitor

Allofmp3 is even better when you press the button saying 'English' at the top of the page :tongue: though I haven't used it

I'm embarassed and ashamed of my own stupidity:smileysad: :cry: