Join now - be part of our community!

FS215Z - C: Drive nearly full!

jay_gob
Visitor

FS215Z - C: Drive nearly full!

Hi all,

I'm steadily building up a nice music collection which is gradually filling up my C: Drive.

I want more space on my C: Drive so I can keep all my music in one place. I believe I'll have to use the Vaio Recovery tool but will this delete all my programs, files etc. Is there a way to back up so that I don't have to reinstall all my programs or am I being unrealistic

Thanks for anyone who can help.

19 REPLIES 19
jay_gob
Visitor

Rich912... had a look at the C:/programfiles/Sony folder and it seems to have all the folders that are on 😧 (C: folders have more data than 😧 folders).

Might create a system restore point & then delete the 😧 folders, oh & also uninstall Counter Strike as it's way too addictive!

Do you think I should do the above?

Ta

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Jay,

The folders on 😧 with Click2DVD etc are to store project files and music, they're not actually program files.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Do you think I should do the above?

Only if you want the Sony programs to stop functioning! Many of the pre-installed Sony applications on your Vaio are dependant on folders and data on the D drive. I doubt that a system restore will recover these once deleted.

Proceed with caution…..

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
kee-lo_

Yeah they throw a major temper tantrum!

jay_gob
Visitor

Thanks for the warnings guys, I've decided to leave well alone.

I have noticed a problem with my 'S' keys lately, same applies to my volume control buttons. They just don't work I've checked the program setting they open when pressed and they seem fine.

Do you think this is a result of disabling UPNP on my laptop? (Apparantly having this turned on made my battery icon dissappear from my task bar so I turned it off)

Sorry to keep bothering you

Also just remembered that these problems occured after using vaio update

kee-lo_

Could be, but I doubt it, in C:|Utils double click utils.exe

jay_gob
Visitor

Could be, but I doubt it, in C:|Utils double click utils.exe

Hi Kee - Lo I don't seem to have a C:/utils folder but I have downloaded the utilities folder from Vaio Link. Can you confirm the procedure I have to do, I've tried folder 1, folder 2 & folder 7. When I click the .exe in folder 2 it asks whether I should restart or not, should i restart then try folder 7? In folder 7 it asks me three options of the modify, remove or repair i think.

Thanks again

jay_gob
Visitor

Problem sorted...

Once again a big THANK-YOU to all Club Vaio Experts!!!

kee-lo_

No problems

Usually I reboot after installs to see if it all went well.

jay_gob
Visitor

No problems

Usually I reboot after installs to see if it all went well.

No problems at all, rebooted after clicking setup in folder 2 & now everythings is perfect

All the best

Oh & I recieved a call from Sony Vaio of all people today, just checking that my laptop had been sent back ok and to close my case. Look at Sony providing a 'service' :wink: