Join now - be part of our community!

Recovering Vaio media centre (XL100)

YoungDave
Visitor

Recovering Vaio media centre (XL100)

Because i have been unable to get Vaio media centre working in TV mode since buying the computer in june, i decided to recover the relevent programs using the Sony recover specific applications facility. This was to return these programs to the original setup. When i started to recover 'vaio media single installer' which i think is the right application to choose, it prompted me to remove the old version 1st. In the add/remove facility in XP there was no one specific application called 'vaio media', so i removed 2 or 3 applications which seemed relevent (cannot remember the names). Then in the sony recover program i recovered the application 'vaio media single installer'. When i selected 'start>programs... None of the shortcuts appear for these programs, is this correct? When i look on the C drive i can find relevent files for the 'vaio media centre' and when i run a file called 'vc' i do get the expected program for vaio media centre running, but i cannot find the program that lets me setup the 'server'. Until i can set this up none of the 'vaio media centre' will work or not work as before (tv mode), I thought this would be straight forward, i have a recovery disk but surely this will be the same as the 'd' drive. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
YoungDave
Visitor

I have been told by Sony e-support that the TV mode in vaio media is not designed to work like microsoft media centre, it only works with vaio network receiver!

Perhaps me doing a complete c drive recovery was a waste of time!

I am going to have a good look to see if the help files back this up!