Join now - be part of our community!

GAGGING FOR HELP PART II

GlynIngram
Visitor

GAGGING FOR HELP PART II

Thanks to person who helped me yesterday with my Sony Vaio desktop Blu Ray PC. Took it back to shop in end and they sorted it. However, still having a major problem and it's f----g me right off.

AfterI load up windows for the first time and am happily online, after around half hour or so, the PC just looses its connection to the internet. It has a built in Wireless modem and my modem is fine; it just stops reading the modem and it can't even find my modem anymore. In fact, the problem becomes even more frustrating because the little silver arrow in the bottom right that deals with connections removes the WALN option on a reboot. And yes, my WLAN button is switched on and ativated it. Its almost as if someone has come along and stolen my modem or the WALN software half hour in.

The weirder bit is that I was so angry that I just reinstalled windows etc taking another 90mins and started over. This time, same thing happens. You get 30 or 40mins of speedy web access until the PC decides it can no longer "see" my modem and that damn red cross appears down on the bottom right. On the second time this happened, I clicked on the silver arrow and tried to make the WALN come on again and I believe I got a message about bluetooth running at same time. Is this relevant? But, either way, now, yet again, I have a f---d Vaio that is probably have to go back to the shop tomorrow morning. Do you think I have some f---d hardware or what?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks to person who helped me yesterday with my Sony Vaio desktop Blu Ray PC. 

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

Hi GlynIngram,

yes having both the WLAN and bluetooth enabled at the same time can cause connection problems..

You can disable the Bluetooth via the wireless device switch in your system tray.. :wink: