Join now - be part of our community!

GREAT NEWS: VISTA DRIVER UPDATE!!!!

BastenBroeke
Visitor

GREAT NEWS: VISTA DRIVER UPDATE!!!!

I got the same problems with Vista, I've got a VGC-V2S vaio desktop.
With a Nvidia FX Geforce Go5700 videokaart. I got problems with the aero-style (I can't change the colours) And I can't activate the FLip 3D set-up. That all because a poor videokaart, with a old, very old driver.

Today I called Sony, for asking when the new drivers update comes....
At the end of February, at vaio-link.com will be the newest Vista driver update for Vaio computers !!!!

Great news, isn't it? :smileygrin:

26 REPLIES 26
BastenBroeke
Visitor

Ok, that's a good explanation!
Just waiting for the driver update... :cry:
Hope end of Febr.

Resonate
Visitor

Ok, that's a good explanation!
Just waiting for the driver update... :cry:
Hope end of Febr.

Good things come to those who wait my freiend .....................

babysmile
Visitor

hehehe... i'm waiting for this also...

but cause VGC series is kinda old for SONY... so updates aren't so fast to get..

They are now dealing desktop model like LA or X or VA series.. so for like M or V series is really... sigh...

Sony thinks we are so rich to change the PC everytime..

Resonate
Visitor

hehehe... i'm waiting for this also... 

but cause VGC series is kinda old for SONY... so updates aren't so fast to get..

They are now dealing desktop model like LA or X or VA series.. so for like M or V series is really... sigh...

Sony thinks we are so rich to change the PC everytime..

Its what you make of the Equipment babysmile not how you flash it :wink:

You would not have guessed im using an amega :laughing:

gallonb
Visitor

Bonjour,

les drivers beta nvidia 95.62 pour vista fonctionnent tres bien avec le VGC V2S avec 1mo de ram avec tous les effets aero.
voici le lien
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/nvidia%20geforce%20go.htm

Cordialement

BastenBroeke
Visitor

Just got a new message from Sony Vaio!!!
+

Thank you for contacting us.

Please be advised the VISTA Drivers will be released this week for VAIO's which have been available for purchase since 2006, however SONY cannot guarantee compatibility with any version of VISTA other than the OEM version available through the Express Upgrade, and that VISTA drivers for older VAIOs aill be

released in the coming months

. +

Now I'm deffenitly taking Windows Vista off my computer !!

@ gallonb !!!!!!!!!
Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything works fine now !!! !wink.gif|___jive_emoticon_name=wink|jivemacro=emoticon|class=jive_macro jive_emote|src=wink.gif!

Resonate
Visitor

Bas ten Broeke

From readind your last post i am pressuming that you mean you have Uninstalled VISTA :thinking: , If so i will say wise decision as Thalamus has recently informed me that VAIO / VISTA Drivers should be fully available by March 2007 :slight_frown: however, They are available for few a few models which you can check up on HERE. Thanks for the link Thalamus :wink:

BastenBroeke
Visitor

No, that was my first post, but I 'erased' it and put a new post under it.
Now I got a beta driver update and everything is working great, Vista !!
Aero style works, flip 3d works !! everything thanks to the beta driver !!!!
Just need to weed for the official driver update in march..
Only tv doesn't work, so also waiting for tv tuner driver :wink:

(Offtopic ->how can I place a picture in mu signature?)

Resonate
Visitor

Were is the picture that you want to put in, It has to be on a server like mine are currently stored within my domain space which i uploaded via FTP anyway if you copy the directory of the image from the website say you want BasTenBroeke.jpg & it was on my server the directory would be (Example)

http://ctb29resonate.co.uk/62GBwebSp/BasTenBroeke.jpg (NOTE Dir/. Invalid - Eg Only)

So thats the image directory. Now in your signature you type (Do not add the ^^^^signs as i have to place these to show you the code)

[img^]^Image directory ^[^/img}

This should hopefully bring your image into view :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

If it's your own image, open an account in somewhere like Photobucket or ImageShack, then upload your image..

Once uploaded copy the url of the image you wish to include in your signature, then open this link and place the image url inside of these boxes (example)[ img ] http://Place the image url in here [/img] and press the preview button to check all is ok..

If happy press the Change signature button

Change the red [ img ] box to [img]

I hope this makes sense... :thinking: