Join now - be part of our community!

Hardware Upgrades for VGN-A series?

Woody27
Visitor

Hardware Upgrades for VGN-A series?

Dear All,

I have only just started to add comments to the Club VAIO forum, although I have been viewing it for a long time (I'm currently on my fourth VAIO).

I have never been tempted to post much before but it seems that Sony's support is now so bad that readers need as much help as they can get.

Which brings me to ask this question:

Would any of you like me to post a detailed guide to upgrading the HDD and bluetooth / wireless-LAN modules in their VGN-A series laptops (especially as 2.5" HDD's are now up to 100 GB)?

Let me know

CW

28 REPLIES 28
Psaila
Visitor

My apologises

I would Be Pleased If you Would .

Would any of you like me to post a detailed guide to upgrading the HDD and bluetooth / wireless-LAN modules in their VGN-A series laptops (especially as 2.5" HDD's are now up to 100 GB)?

Yes If you feel able

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Thanks Raymond, I'm surely going to help more....

I think I have been a little mis-interpreted with this post (and it has got somewhat off-track)!

I don''t think you were misinteperated at all - thought it definately went off track, due to disgruntlement by James.... but whats new?

I am not trying to Sony Bash! and I have not recently had any real dealings with Sony support (although I have in the past!).

Cool.

I have merely noticed the increasing need for help from members of this forum!

You're not the only one Woody, I have noticed it getting more frequent. Though now we have more members so it's inevitable.

Neither do I need to be patronised. I may not be a 'vaio master' (which I presume is based on the number of posts, not necessarily the content of the posts) but I am an IT professional who has worked with Sony VAIO products since they first came out. I am therefore offering my professional advice to members of the forum in general. Actually, one of the things that has put me off posting before is exactly this type of misinterpretation / representation.

No one is patronising you. Well I hope not anyway, your post was very helpful indeed. I do agree that VAIO Masters should get it for conect they have posted - not just whether they have posted 100 posts in 1hr!

Please don't feel misunderstood, we need more help from IT staff....

As for the suggestion of 'contrvening Sony copyright law' I find this a little bit insulting. All I am offering VGN-A users is a guide to upgrading the hardware in their laptop. There is nothing illegal about this, it may invalidate the warrently, but surely that is up to the user of the laptop!

I hope I have cleared some issue up and we can get back on track with the original nature of this post.

Very true, updating the hard disk is no crime.... who said this?
Right, back to the topic now...

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Woody.
No offence or insult intended. We get things wrong at times. Like I said we're all volunteers doing our best to help people. If we inadvertantly patronise some people along the way then I'm sorry, not intended.
As for misinterpreting your comments........hey it's been a long day.

As I said earlier (but without the patronising bit!) Please feel free to post any advice that members can benefit by:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Woody.

I feel I must apologise for sending the post awry and off-track. This commonly happens but bear with us - you advice will be very much appreciated.

I think what TR meant about the "Sony Copyright" part was piracy - and a lot of pirate how-to's have been posted lately. Sorry if this caused you any offense.

Please don't feel misunderstood, we need more help from IT staff....

Too true - we need support from knowledgeable IT staff - the more people that can help the better!

Woody27
Visitor

Thanks, Kee-Loo and Twisted for your responses and kind words!

I just wanted to set the record straight...

...I only want to help, I love my VAIO and I am happy to help others get the most out of these stunningly designed peices of hardware (by the way I'm typing this on my VGN-A at the moment... ...it is a seriously tasty laptop)!

I will work on the desciption of the upgrade now and will post it back either later tonight or in the morning (it's quite a lengthy procedure).

Once again thanks for you comments, it's nice to be made to feel welcome to this forum!:smileyhappy:

CW

kee-lo_

Once again thanks for you comments, it's nice to be made to feel welcome to this forum!:smileyhappy: 

CW

Cool, welcome to the forum
:slight_smile:

TygerTyger
Visitor

Well I'm a bit late noticing the thread but welcome aboard, any and all help is a gift from the Gods, especially from one so experienced as yourself. I hope you stick around for a good while to come.

I guess it may appear that the site has become a bit of a Sony-bash, it is at the moment but it comes and goes. One thing I will say, if anyone says anything untoward about the forum and/or Sony, without justification then people are quick to correct them. It just happens that as of late I think most people are in agreement that's it's very reasonably justified. If you've been around for a few months the niggles do being to really grate out of proportion, not least to those who understand a bit about websites and know just how easy it should be to set things straight. As is so often with niggles, it's more lack of actual effort than sheer difficulty.

Anyways, you sound like a pleasant guy, worringly knowledgable and you'll fit the forum like a glove so welcome aboard. We all cool here.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

...I only want to help, I love my VAIO and I am happy to help others get the most out of these stunningly designed peices of hardware (by the way I'm typing this on my VGN-A at the moment... ...it is a seriously tasty laptop)!

Glad you like your VAIO - I have a K115B and i'm using it at the moment.

Welcome to ClubVAIO - I hope you enjoy your stay and enjoy helping people as much as we do. I'm sure as Tyger said - you'll fit in like a glove.

faithx

Welcome to Club VAIO Woody :smileygrin: I am I'm afraid, most definitely "quantity over quality" but it can't be all work and no play :laughing: and these lot do keep me entertained :slight_smile:

As for the description, sounds very interesting, and I'm sure will be very much appreciated :cool:

TygerTyger
Visitor

I am I'm afraid, most definitely "quantity over quality"

No worse than me Faith lol.

It can get a bit chatty quite often, but then there's no private messaging feature or anything so it can basically turn into a conversation. I'm sure that will change when new features are implemented. We all have Faith anyway.

:pray: :pray: