Join now - be part of our community!

Have two doubts about VAIO VGN-FE11S

YgNus
Visitor

Have two doubts about VAIO VGN-FE11S

Hi everyone, I have bought this notebook recently and reinstalled the OS (winXP pro SP2). I had some problems with restart, and audio but I solved it reading on this forum.

But I have 2 doubts more for which I have no seen answer here. My questions are:

1. I have installed all the preinstalled drivers and the preinstalled utilities but in the devide manager I haven´t got the correct driver for the x-black lcd. I have something like this:
Monitor plug and play
Default Monitor
Default Monitor
Default Monitor

Four devices (I dont know why) and I want to install the correct driver for one of them, at least. Where can I found?, what can I do?

2. The other thing is that the icon of the memory stick device in my pc is corrupted. It has no icon.

Any of you have had the same problem? What can I do?

Thanks in advance!!

15 REPLIES 15
William
Visitor

You used you recovery disc(s) and have these issues :thinking:

YgNus
Visitor

No, I download the preinstaled drivers zip located in the support web. I have no recovery discs, I lost the recovery partition when i format the HD 😞

But like i have read here, there are many people who has installed those drivers and they seems not to have the same issues.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi,

Make sure you uninstall all four and restart your VAIO, hopefully it'll just find it

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

2. The other thing is that the icon of the memory stick device in my pc is corrupted. It has no icon.

Any of you have had the same problem? What can I do?

Hi YgNus,

welcome to the forum, :slight_smile:

You may find the reply from Rich in this thread of interest.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thalamus, this may possibly be a better link.
as the one you quoted had a couple of unnecessary stages :smileyblush:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks Rich :slight_smile:

YgNus
Visitor

Thanks guys, the solution for the first issue works fine, but in the other hand, the matter of x-black lcd doesn´t. I have uninstall all and restart but the same four devices are listed.
Don´t I need a driver for the monitor? or an inf file or something? In the preinstaled drivers zip there are nothing related with the monitor.

And do you guys know why 4 devices are listed?

Thnx for all!!

William
Visitor

On my TR5MP laptop, in device manager there are TWO entries for the LCD with the Driver as Sony.

But whether you need a suitable graphics driver which includes the LCD .info file I am not sure.

When I click on the driver button its says that no driver files are loaded or needed for this device.

If you are sure you didn't download it, I can only suggest as a last resort you look on the USA site where they list preinstalled drivers for download individually.

Problem is you will need to look at the specs to find your equivelant model.

USA VAIO

russ8s
Visitor

I have just got a fe11s, no recovery disks(great).

But you can't format the recovery partition can you ? it protected I thought.

angry on......

no info on what updates you need, more importantly the order

numurous crashs and failures later and 30 + hours I finally have a stable system.

IMO absolutley disgusting, how is that selling a working product that takes 30 hours of your time to get it up to the standard that it should come as. To say i'm not impressed with sony or the distributor is an understatement, both misinforming customers and flouting the law.