Join now - be part of our community!

Have two doubts about VAIO VGN-FE11S

YgNus
Visitor

Have two doubts about VAIO VGN-FE11S

Hi everyone, I have bought this notebook recently and reinstalled the OS (winXP pro SP2). I had some problems with restart, and audio but I solved it reading on this forum.

But I have 2 doubts more for which I have no seen answer here. My questions are:

1. I have installed all the preinstalled drivers and the preinstalled utilities but in the devide manager I haven´t got the correct driver for the x-black lcd. I have something like this:
Monitor plug and play
Default Monitor
Default Monitor
Default Monitor

Four devices (I dont know why) and I want to install the correct driver for one of them, at least. Where can I found?, what can I do?

2. The other thing is that the icon of the memory stick device in my pc is corrupted. It has no icon.

Any of you have had the same problem? What can I do?

Thanks in advance!!

15 REPLIES 15
YgNus
Visitor

William I have tried that with no luky. The drivers told me that they are not for my system. I have tried the video chipset, because I can´t find a driver for the monitor especifically.

russ8s i think that I have formated all the HD, but if the partition is hidden and is supposed not to be deleted with a format, how can I check it?

The only device that I can´t install properly is the X-black lcd, if someone could help me, will be pleased!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

russ8s i think that I have formated all the HD, but if the partition is hidden and is supposed not to be deleted with a format, how can I check it? 

Hi YgNus,

Goto Start > control panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > computer management > Storage > disk management. You should see the recovery partition there.

Also if you can creat your Vaio recovery discs then your recovery partition is still intact. :slight_smile:

YgNus
Visitor

Isn´t there Thalamus, so i think that the format has deleted it.
I don´t know what to do with the monitor driver...

I have seen many people arround here with the same notebook and reinstaled the OS too, all of you guys have the correct monitor driver listed in the device manager?

EGC
Visitor

i have the same problem... my laptop came as a "default monitor" seems like SONY UK didn't install the proper driver or watever...

YgNus
Visitor

No advices? I cant find a driver for x-black lcd anywhere...

EGC do you have 4 monitors in the device manager? or only one entry for the monitor?

I think that this is not a big problem but when you buy something you want to have all perfect, do you? :slight_smile: And that´s why I want to see in the device manager a sony driver and not a windows default plug and play monitor.

Thanks to all!

sweetCoffee
Visitor

I did reinstall the recovery disks and I have no specific monitor driver, so there is no problem at all.

You are using the correct drivers !