Join now - be part of our community!

Having a nightmare and really need some help

India
Visitor

Having a nightmare and really need some help

I hope someone can help.
Firstly I am very weak in the computer technical Dept and use my VAIO for work, study, research and photos. I got my laptop 2 years ago and didn`t do the backup as detailed because I didn`t know what I was suppose to do(No excuse I now realise. This came to bite me in the bum recently when I couldn`t log onto my computer no matter what I tried. I took it to a computer shop where the guy told me I had installed a priated copy of some programme (VISTA) and need to get the authorisation code from the packaging and everything would be ok - I dont know what this programme is and wouldn`t know where to get one from. One of the guys who was on my course cleared off the old system and managed to put some programmes on there for me to get my immediate project done. However I cannot get internet access or sound as he said the drive is missing.
I really hope this makes sense to someone as I a really am having a flippin nightmare and am about to chuck it all out the window.
Would appreciate any constructive advice :thinking:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi India,

welcome to Club vaio.. :slight_smile:

I suspect from what you've posted that your Vaio has a Hard Disc drive recovery partition. therefore you may still be able to restore your Vaio back to the factory setting..

First back-up important data.. :wink:

Start your Vaio, when you see the Vaio logo press the F10 button repeatedly this should start the recovery program, follow the on screen instructions to complete the recovery.. :slight_smile: