Join now - be part of our community!

HELP needed with K215B utilities and hotkeys!

Kei
Visitor

HELP needed with K215B utilities and hotkeys!

Hi all VAIO fans

I've recently installed a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro, and consequently all of the data would be erased, including the drivers and utilities that were preinstalled in the system.

Thus I would like someone who has a K215B system to send me their copies of the more updated drivers/utilies for the PC.
I am aware of the downloads available in the VAIO-Link section, but believe me these are old and haven't been updated for nearly a year now.
I remember that the drivers that I had with my K215B were current to August 2004 including the video driver.

Can someone who owns a K215B please send me the most recent drivers and utilities and NOT those available on VAIO-Link?
My e-mail is pochykei@yahoo.com

Thank you. ^_^

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

To remove XP Home from the start options right click on My Computer icon > select Properties > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery > Settings. Click on the edit button and delete the line containing \WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home" /fastdetect and then save the file.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

LOL thats crafty Rich

mvanwambeke
Visitor

When you reinstall the original OS ( OEM )
You will have under the C:/ drive a map called drivers
Also you will have C:/Utils/utils.exe

Maybe you can use these?
Ask if someone still has these ?

Kei
Visitor

Yeah precisely, that's the only option. The utilities and drivers which I have now are those from VAIO-Link, which I believe are not compatible with my VAIO. They are different to those which I have in the recovery discs.
I better backup my stuff, finish my downloading and then restore it tomorrow.

Kei
Visitor

Problem solved. I restored the OEM OS, grabbed the drivers and utilities bundled with the original OEM, formatted and installed XP Pro again, and installed those utilities, then it worked.

It seems that the drivers and utilities provided on VAIO-Link are obsolete.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It seems that the drivers and utilities provided on VAIO-Link are obsolete.

Heh sounds about right for Sony...