tell me how to remove the stickers on my laptop... please :smileygrin:

40 REPLIES 40
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

LOL, where is the problem?

TheTurk
Visitor

its just i dont wanna leave any trace doing so..

any special product to use?

Stephanius
Visitor

Assuming you are talking about the stickers left and right of the touchpad which state the specifications - these are designed to come off without trace.

Just dont scratch the unit when you get the corner of the sticker up and dont wait with a new unit if you want to remove the stickers. If you do remove the stickers after a few month you can see a slight difference in color between the sticker area and the surrounding area since the later was exposed to sunlight, while the former was not.

seb21__
Visitor

If you do remove the stickers after a few month you can see a slight difference in color between the sticker area and the surrounding area since the later was exposed to sunlight, while the former was not.

LOL, I have removed the stickers after 2 years. No problems and color difference.:smileygrin: But I think the reason is, that I use my VAIO inside and not outside. There is no sun which attack the plastic.:smileycool:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I still have the stickers on my GRX, they keep the armrests looking new

TheTurk
Visitor

i just removed them, easily, with no problem, and then put'em back cuz the color difference is just disturbing!! :smileygrin:

thanx anyway, maybe i'll remove'em again in the future :cool:

Woodenhorse
Visitor

What about replacing them with something more Fancier

seb21__
Visitor

What about replacing them with something more Fancier

any examples?:smileycool:

Woodenhorse
Visitor

Maybe custom made Vaio link stickers and Sony contact no since he has the same Laptop as me.

Vinyl Stickers, Decals, or those Black/Silver metalic Xbox Stickers.
Ready,Custom or self made
Only problem with Decals is that they have no Background so its gonna be hard to cover those big square dark spots.

Examples are on google lol
Can't be arsed at mo but I am gonna look later since I am gonna be removing those stickers when one day I get my laptop back.
Personaly though I think it will look better without anything, unless it turns out like Turk's.

And if anyone has got the guts they could allways get an engraving Kit from Woolworths.