Join now - be part of our community!

I hate my laptop pcg-grt916z

schouw
Visitor

I hate my laptop pcg-grt916z

I have my laptop for 10 months, it still falls out 10 times a day with "Driver not less or equal". I've first tried with this sit, no solution, now I have phoned Sony, no solutions. I am sick with this computer. If Sony is such a good firm they would offer me now a new laptop. My wife has an SUPERMARKET laptop for three years and has no problems at all.

64 REPLIES 64
schouw
Visitor

On my cd I have a file mtinst :630 kb . How must I go on??????

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

?

damn

Sony

What do you make with us?
In three days, I get my new DSC L1 camera. I hope she works fine and make no problems.

schouw
Visitor

Sony.... IS THERE A MANAGER, A CHIEF WHO CAN TAKE CONTACT WITH ME EITHER BY TELEPHONE OR E_MAIL
Richard_Kerkhoff@hotmail.com.
Perhaps an important person of Sony can bring me a new notebook with his Rolls Royce, because the level has reached the top.

schouw
Visitor

Is this site only seen by users or also by employees of Sony, or am I not reaching anyone of SONY

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

good question, schouw

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Apparently the site is being seen by people working for Sony....

schouw
Visitor

The following error messages were received by Microsoft Windows:
Graphic driverprogram
CPU faillure
Faillure RAM-memory

It's to much for a simple mind like me.
SONY ...... HELP ME

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

OK firstly relax.

Next obtain a copy of Memtest86 from HERE where you can test your RAM (Memory) to its limits, and burn the program from an ISO image to a CD-R or CD-RW disk. Its the most effective way to test RAM and the CD IS BOOTABLE.

Secondly, the DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is a kernel mode fault in Windows XP, so it is a Software Problem (drivers) or a RAM-based problem. If Memtest86 does not detect any serious problems, then you have a software problem. Please note that under any computer guarantee, it covers ONLY THE HARDWARE and not software faults.

Thirdly, visit VAIO-Link and obtain all of your updates.

Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and download all of the new Windows Updates (you will be surprised how many it can detect, especially on a new computer). You may also wish to consider Service Pack 2 if you haven't already installed it - it can fix bizarre problems at the Kernel level. Have a look here for Service Pack 2 information from Microsoft Corporation and here for information from Sony Corporation.

Try updating your Hardware Drivers.
Printers, scanners, fax/data modems, PCI sound, video, CPU drivers can trigger this problem. It is quite rare on a new computer.

hankatten
Visitor

I would follow JamesMold' advice first and check out if this works. Also you should check for viruses (http://security.symantec.com).

If this doesn't work, I would try the following procedures:

1. Use the recovery disks once again.

2. Do not install additional software/hardware for a day or two and check if you still get the error. If you do, then it is most like a default mem module and then you have to get it serviced.

3. If not, then try to add one of your additional hardware items and test it for a day or two to see, if the error occures. Continue this procedure untill you have located the hardware/software that causes the problem.

schouw
Visitor

I've put the files on a cd.
I've got two files:
- memtest -3.2 1.7 MB
- memtest-3.2iso (zip}

If I want to start one of these nothing happens and so I can't go on