Join now - be part of our community!

is anybody know about wireless card......help

APBC36
Visitor

is anybody know about wireless card......help

i got a (TRENDnet) wireless PCMCIA network card install to my laptop (VAIO PCG-K315M). after all the installation. i can see the access point display in my network list, but i just unable to connect to it, why? i have set anything as auto!
i try to turn off the firewall - don't work
my PC have same setting, and it work very well!
so can anyone help me out, please!!!:smileycry: :cry: :cry:

15 REPLIES 15
APBC36
Visitor

and the signal was STRONG!
what is goin on????

Dismasx
Visitor

i can see the access point display in my network list, but i just unable to connect to it, why? 

Hi - What exactley do you mean by unable to connect? Are you getting an error message?

APBC36
Visitor

no error message. it just unable to connect! i don't know what is goin on.

Akanksha
Visitor

if the signal is strong, it means that it is already connected!

APBC36
Visitor

no, i can see the access point, but everytime i click on 'CONNECT' nothing happen. and the network icon still show as no connected!:smileyconfused:

Ixion
Visitor

When I first installed a wireless card I thought there was a problem as it said I had a strong signal but nothing was working, all I had to do was pick out the access point in the list, actually click on it, then click connect and it worked. Dunno if your problem is that simple but you never know.

Akanksha
Visitor

right click on the access point and check status, does it have more sent items than received? if thats the case its probably the setting of ur router, it isnt WEP enabled?
Also, are u using windows SP2's wireless functionality!

APBC36
Visitor

right click on the access point and check status, does it have more sent items than received? if thats the case its probably the setting of ur router, it isnt WEP enabled?
Also, are u using windows SP2's wireless functionality!

WEP is disabled and i was using the SP2. but it still don't work?

Akanksha
Visitor

does it have more sent items than received?