Join now - be part of our community!

Is there a way to disable the touchpad on my viao laptop?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
raemcgar
Visitor

Is there a way to disable the touchpad on my viao laptop?

Hi I seem unable to type without accidentally touching the touch pad whilst typing letters sending my curser and  creating typos all over the place. I prefer using a mouse rather than a touch pad.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This will depend on which model you have.  As you don't tell us which model you have, I cannot tell if disabling the touchpad is supported.

If it is supported, try going to Start -> Control Panel -> Vaio Control Centre -> Keyboard and Mouse -> Pointing Devices and uncheck the box next to 'Enable built-in Pointing Devices'. I believe this can also be done by pressing Fn + F1.

Alternatively, try the advanced options and see if your model has the option to 'disable Touchpad Tapping while typing' or 'disable all gestures and tapping when typing'.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This will depend on which model you have.  As you don't tell us which model you have, I cannot tell if disabling the touchpad is supported.

If it is supported, try going to Start -> Control Panel -> Vaio Control Centre -> Keyboard and Mouse -> Pointing Devices and uncheck the box next to 'Enable built-in Pointing Devices'. I believe this can also be done by pressing Fn + F1.

Alternatively, try the advanced options and see if your model has the option to 'disable Touchpad Tapping while typing' or 'disable all gestures and tapping when typing'.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
pctech33
Visitor

Hi,

Follow this procedure to disable the touchpad.

Click the Start button, then click VAIO Support Central.

In the VAIO Support Central window, click on the Categories tab.

On the Categories tab, click the Plus (+) symbol next to Keyboard and Mouse.

Under Keyboard and Mouse, double-click Built-in Pointing Device.

In the Built-in Pointing Device window, click to clear the Enable box.

Click the OK button.

In the Built-in Pointing Device dialog box, click the Yes button.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t7419600-like_disable

Life is too serious to be taken seriously http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

Life is too serious to be taken seriously