Join now - be part of our community!

k315s- why design a 3.06GHz without HTT when this chipset supports HTT

Jay1
Visitor

k315s- why design a 3.06GHz without HTT when this chipset supports HTT

First i bought a toshiba that Had the exact processor spec BUT IT HAD HYPER-TREADING (532) then i gave it back as the keypad was not working and then bought a k315s. This was the worst mistake i did as this sony is designed so poorly in terms of performance for a computer engineer user and not on looks. on top of that it was 300 pound cheaper to get the toshiba brand. The only differance was the sony screen. I can not even refund this laptop which i got from john lewis eventhough it was one day old. please let me know your views on this matter. i even phone sony to tell them why it is lacking performance and all they said is that you need to send laptop to them for a check up.

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

My friend has a Tosh similar to this, but his is like 8 months old now.
Still very nice widescreen

In a few months time there will be 120GB disks for notebooks.

Jay1
Visitor

i read somewhere that it will take two years for other companys to get to this stage dont know if this is true though.

i wented ask if the is a website where i can watch TV a good site maybe channel 5, bbc1 and ITV. i seen some but not with these channel. i thnink if no one know any sites then homechoice offer a sirvice like this not shore

Jay1
Visitor

well i know about USB TV turner if thats what u where going to say

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Homechoice is the only one Jay

mattbees
Visitor

Im using a K215Z which was advertised as having a 3.06HT processor, but now Ive got it I dont see HT mentioned anywhere, not even on the little sticker with the "Intel Inside" logo. Does anyone know if it does actually have a HT processor? How can I find out? Oh, and It does seem to freeze a hell of a lot...

Cheers