Join now - be part of our community!

Keys on the Keyboard

simon.glencross
Visitor

Keys on the Keyboard

I am an IT manager for a group of hotels and we decided that 3 months ago we would install Vaio's on the Front Reception. Desk we already have around 15 vaio's within the organisation . It has now come to my attention that on both Vaio Laptops that the KEys are begining to fade very quickly! The laptops are both the same and I have spoken with Vaio Link and they have advised that they can only send out a maximum of 5 keys per laptop 😞 I asked if there would be any likelyhood of me being able buy some additional one but I have not heard anything back? Does anyone here have any ideas or suggestions ..... Many Thanks

Simon

39 REPLIES 39
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Simon,

Sadly Sony don't sell the keyboards, but in the US there's a company who does them.

Now, if I knew the URL ti would be helpful.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

You could try Priority Electronics Simon, they seem to be quite reasonable.

mvanwambeke
Visitor

Yeah ,
But how do you know wich American unit is the same than the European ?

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Mmmh, I think there is no problem. The only thing is the different Layout.
Maybe a Mail to Priority Electronics would be a good idea.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Huh? Why would they refuse to send more than 5 keys?

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Lol TT its because Sony are cheap ba**ards.:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

LOL James

You have a point mvanwambeke - the layout will be different

clubuser
Visitor

Thank you for turning to the Club VAIO Forum with your problem. Your inquiry has been recognized and will be dealt with. We will contact you via email

Kind Regards
CU

I am an IT manager for a group of hotels and we decided that 3 months ago we would install Vaio's on the Front Reception. Desk we already have around 15 vaio's within the organisation . It has now come to my attention that on both Vaio Laptops that the KEys are begining to fade very quickly! The laptops are both the same and I have spoken with Vaio Link and they  have advised that they can only send out a maximum of 5 keys per laptop 😞 I asked if there would be any likelyhood of me being able buy some additional one but I have not heard anything back? Does anyone here have any ideas or suggestions ..... Many Thanks

Simon

TygerTyger
Visitor

Ah, excellent, excellent. First class.

So presumably the other users that have fading keys and asked about it on CV would be able to acquire more than 5 keys as well?