Join now - be part of our community!

Keys on the Keyboard

simon.glencross
Visitor

Keys on the Keyboard

I am an IT manager for a group of hotels and we decided that 3 months ago we would install Vaio's on the Front Reception. Desk we already have around 15 vaio's within the organisation . It has now come to my attention that on both Vaio Laptops that the KEys are begining to fade very quickly! The laptops are both the same and I have spoken with Vaio Link and they have advised that they can only send out a maximum of 5 keys per laptop 😞 I asked if there would be any likelyhood of me being able buy some additional one but I have not heard anything back? Does anyone here have any ideas or suggestions ..... Many Thanks

Simon

39 REPLIES 39
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Tony,

Thats a disgrace that it's MELTED! I would be really peed off about this. I really hope they do replace the keyboard, it's the least they can do.

Hopefully you'll get good service like Simon.

robpaxton
Explorer

Whoa - what's this all about?

Are all those people with snapped lid catches going to get an e mail from CU too?

I'm pleased I bought a Samsung and Powerbook the last time I flashed my hard earned cash - they aren't built using rejected polythene bag plastic with rub-on keyboard lettering.

I'm disappointed to see such blatant customer discrimination from Sony - everyone should be entitled to the same crappy service..........

kee-lo_

Whoa - what's this all about?  

Are all those people with snapped lid catches going to get an e mail from CU too?

I'm pleased I bought a Samsung and Powerbook the last time I flashed my hard earned cash - they aren't built using rejected polythene bag plastic with rub-on keyboard lettering.

I'm disappointed to see such blatent customer discrimination from Sony - everyone should be entitled to the same crappy service..........

Well said Rob

TygerTyger
Visitor

Posting a reply like that for the entire entire forum to see was not the smartest PR move Sony will ever make :smileygrin:

kee-lo_

I see CU was here today, but he declined to comment......

robpaxton
Explorer

Perhaps he was busy hand engraving the new keytops.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Perhaps he was busy hand engraving the new keytops.

Mwahahaha. Could always catch him as he's getting off Eurostar with them at the London terminal.

kee-lo_

Hehehe I miss Rob's humour!

Jay1
Visitor

Interesting thread WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH SONY LACK OF SERVICE!!!

Simon Don't forget to keep us posted

Jay1
Visitor

one more thing i forgot to mention CU might be responding to this due to the fact that customer who stay at the hotel will see the Laptop and might give them the hint to get a personnel laptop like a VAIO due to the fact the hotel have them. PLUS the customors of the hotel might even ask the hotel staff DO recommend buying a sony laptop for my son, daughtor or me or my wife. advertising lololol Could be wrong but just a thought.