Join now - be part of our community!

Keys on the Keyboard

simon.glencross
Visitor

Keys on the Keyboard

I am an IT manager for a group of hotels and we decided that 3 months ago we would install Vaio's on the Front Reception. Desk we already have around 15 vaio's within the organisation . It has now come to my attention that on both Vaio Laptops that the KEys are begining to fade very quickly! The laptops are both the same and I have spoken with Vaio Link and they have advised that they can only send out a maximum of 5 keys per laptop 😞 I asked if there would be any likelyhood of me being able buy some additional one but I have not heard anything back? Does anyone here have any ideas or suggestions ..... Many Thanks

Simon

39 REPLIES 39
akeister
New

hang on,
if the Vaio's are only three months old, they are still covered by a minimum of a 12 months warrenty surely?

I notice that my Vaio is made in China, perhaps its time for them to be made by the Japanese themselves for quality.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah it is, but Sony don't cover wear and tear.

simon.glencross
Visitor

Well to say I'm very suprised at the number of feedbacks I have had relating to this would be the understatement of the year! I have since spoken to Sony Vaio Link yesterday who have advised that they would liek to up lift one of the Vaios concerned and investigate this problem further. Although Sam the Vaio Link Customer Services Rep tried to suggest that smoking causes the keyboards to fade quicker becuse of the Nicotene on the fingers. I have since made my fellings very clear that if this had been an normal pc keyboard it wold be fine and there wouldnt be a problem. Amazing what lenghts people will go to offer an excuse as an answer! Thank you to you all for giving me your view and opening my eyes to the real world of Sony Vaio!

I shall keep you all posted.

:slight_smile:

HITS-UK
Visitor

Bottom line with this thread is that Sony appears to be lacking in consistency. You have a problem which appears to be under the heading of "build quality" as do many others on these forums. For some reason you managed to elicit a response from a Sony member that appears to all of us as being grossly unfair when others have equally legitimate issues with hinges, catches and drives that simply pack up for no apparent reason.

I am a small business in Cornwall and I have been without my 13 month Sony PC for nearly four weeks now in addition to the five weeks of messing about I had to do to try and diagnose the fault. I have already paid over £160 for a new DVD drive that should not have failed within 13 months and still I have no answers.

You have fading keys on a keyboard and someone jumps to your aid - the only difference appears to be the visibility of the issue at hand.

Clubuser - please make sure that this NEVER happens again. It causes needless resentment amongst a group of hard working and tireless people who merely try to help and promote. Either be even handed and help all, or keep to the private e-mails so at least we don't feel so justifiably angry.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Sony called me today asking for some feedback regarding their customer support service.

*Shifty eyes*

kee-lo_

LOL TT never got the call hehehehe

Well said HTS, spot on!

Simon: I thought they were going to replace it for you, now you can see why we're annoyed, it's another inconsistancy.

You should tell them you can't help if people smoke in the Hotel lobby, unles, of course you have a no smoking policy, in which case Sony are way out on this judgement.

TygerTyger
Visitor

I didn't see Simons reply [:">]

Um. So the 'recognition' and 'dealing with' of the inquiry is, so far, to offer to look at one of the computers? That's even worse than giving you especially good service because you're a business lol.

kee-lo_

TT

Simon wrote:
Well to say I'm very suprised at the number of feedbacks I have had relating to this would be the understatement of the year! I have since spoken to Sony Vaio Link yesterday who have advised that they would liek to up lift one of the Vaios concerned and investigate this problem further. Although Sam the Vaio Link Customer Services Rep tried to suggest that smoking causes the keyboards to fade quicker becuse of the Nicotene on the fingers. I have since made my fellings very clear that if this had been an normal pc keyboard it wold be fine and there wouldnt be a problem. Amazing what lenghts people will go to offer an excuse as an answer! Thank you to you all for giving me your view and opening my eyes to the real world of Sony Vaio!

I shall keep you all posted.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

I have to agree HITS, we all work hard here, and to see CU posting this made my blood boil.

I am amazed that Sony are so inconsistent. I hope that whoever reads this from Sony will forward this on, and ensure that this does not happen again. It is a very poor PR move there, and it is fair to say it has upset many users and VAIO Masters...

ROFL, the thought of CU hand-engraving the keytops, lol, is just hilarious!:smileylaugh: :laughing: :laughing:

kee-lo_

and it is fair to say it has upset many users and VAIO Masters..

Yes I think you hit the nail on the head