Join now - be part of our community!

Microsoft Bus driver problem when installing sound on a Vaio FS-155E

bartsimp
Visitor

Microsoft Bus driver problem when installing sound on a Vaio FS-155E

Hi, I'm re-installing XP to get something cleaner than the overloaded default XP and I have the following problem:

When I install the sound driver, I have a message at around 50% of the install that i have to load the Microsoft Bus driver prior to installing sound (realtek HD audio).

Where on eart can I find this thing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

That¿s interesting, two people posting on the same day with exactly the same problem.

I don¿t claim to know the solution, but this document may help you.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
bartsimp
Visitor

Hi thanks for your answer.
THis doc explains the bits and bites but my problem seems to be that I can't find the driver.

jonc
Visitor

I've got a FS115Z and I'm doing the same - reinstalling the operating system to get it clear of all the applications and things I don't need. I've also got to 50% when installing the sound driver and get exactly the same error.

I've never seen this problem on any of the machines I've set up in the past and there's not much on the internet.

I'm going to be on the phone to Sony tomorrow morning, but if anyone has any ideas they would be welcome!

bartsimp
Visitor

Ok, let's keep this thread live then. I look forward to your news

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Just for your information there is a third person with the same problem. If you reply to his thread he may be able to provide further information.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
jonc
Visitor

I've tried sony and they tell me they only support factory install from recovery DVD's!!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I have a feeling that you need your motherboard chipset drivers.
Download Everest Home Edition.

Computer > Summary will show your chipset manufacturer and should also have a link for downloading the latest drivers (it does on mine).

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Just in case either of you have missed this, have a look at this.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
jonc
Visitor

Thanks for your posts. I've just read the last post, although I've already fixed it.

The problem is Microsoft's UAA driver, which is not part of the Audio Driver download on the Sony site. If you look at Microsoft's Knowledge Base article 835221, it will describe what the UAA architecture is.

The link on the previous post that was kindly put on there is a Realtek Audio Driver, the same as the one you can download from the Sony site, but it includes Microsoft's fix "kb835221.exe" in directory "MSHDQFE". That installs the UAA drivers into the Windows system and then you need to reinstall the drivers for the problem PCI device in Device Manager. This will then automatically find the drivers for audio and modem.