Join now - be part of our community!

Missing CARDS.dll

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bgs333
Visitor

Missing CARDS.dll

Hi! I've just purchased this VAOI with 64-bit Windows 7. I want to use the original Solitaire, as I find the most recent version intensely irritating.  I've transferred the original .exe into the Windows system32 folder, but when I try to run it I get the message that CARDS.dll (note the upper case) is missing.  I have cards.dll in place.

The solitaire.exe file worked fine on my last machine running 32-bit Win 7.

Anyone any idea how to sort this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi bgs333,

Copying the files to the System32 folder is possibly the problem as this may cause a conflict with the built in game.

Try copying both Sol.exe and Cards.dll (from the System32 folder of the XP machine) to any other folder on the Win 7 machine and the double click Sol.exe to run or create a shortcut on your desktop.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi bgs333,

Copying the files to the System32 folder is possibly the problem as this may cause a conflict with the built in game.

Try copying both Sol.exe and Cards.dll (from the System32 folder of the XP machine) to any other folder on the Win 7 machine and the double click Sol.exe to run or create a shortcut on your desktop.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
tripodzid
Visitor

Another rule of thumb: Don't go to System32 folder and do something stupid like removing or copy-paste files from and to that folder. Unless you know what you are doing, stay out of it.

Business is the game!!