Join now - be part of our community!

Need a system restore on VGN A127M

VXTJoe
Visitor

Need a system restore on VGN A127M

Hoping someone can advise.

I need to do a system restore on my laptop but the restore folder is empty and dont remember getting any cd's on purchase.

I have tried to "register my product" on the sony e-support but it dont recognise my serial number :thinking:

any help appreiciated

cheers

joe

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Joe,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Could you please confirm you model number as VGN A127M does not appear in the list of models .. :thinking:

VXTJoe
Visitor

opps, what a plum I am.

the model number is VGN-A217M

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Joe,

According to the specs your Vaio does not have a HDD recovery partition and you therefore should have been supplied with a set of recovery disc's..

If you are unable to find the recovery dics set that was shipped with your Vaio then you will need to contact vaio-Link to purchase a new set. :slight_frown:

You will need to have registered your Vaio so I have included a guide on 'Where can I find the serial number of my VAIO computer?' , if your still having problems contacting Vaio-Link or registering your Vaio let us know and we see if we can help further. :slight_smile:

VXTJoe
Visitor

Thanks for replying so quickly. I will have a look for the disks tonight.

I have tried to register again still with no luck. Strange thing is, when I put my serial number on the main support section here http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/index/index.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons it finds that i am using a VGN-A217M :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I will have a look for the disks tonight. 

Once you've let us know if you find your recovery disc's or not, I'll let Sony know of your registration problem..

VXTJoe
Visitor

well, I have some good news, I have found the recovery disks so doing the system recovery wont be a problem. :smileygrin:

Still think its a little odd that vaio-link (e-suuport) dont recognise my serial number when the normal support part does :thinking:

just noticed, you replyed to my last post within seconds :clap:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

just noticed, you replyed to my last post within seconds :clap:

LOL I must spend too much time on here..

Glad you've found the recovery disc's though that's good news.. :slight_smile: