Join now - be part of our community!

Network Media Receiver (MR100)

bolets
Visitor

Network Media Receiver (MR100)

I just bought a RA-304 some days ago. After having installed the Network Media receiver, I cannot laungh the TV stream from the NMR. Why this? What should I do to get the TV stream via the NMR?
Txs for feedback.
charles

2 REPLIES 2
Stephanius
Visitor

The new network media receiver does not support live TV. You can watch what you have recorded with the RA304's TV card using the video function, but steaming live TV is not supported.

I cant blame anyone who configured their PC's TV tuner card, Vaio Zone, Vaio Media, the network connection and then the NMR to watch TV successfully, but it is a bit pointless in nine out of ten cases, since most people do connect the NMR to a TV in the first place. This was possible with the original firmware of the old network media receiver, but was removed in one of the later firmware updates.

The only benefit I can imagine would be when you connect the NMR to a projector or similar that does not have a TV connection itself.

bolets
Visitor

Txs, Stephaneus, for your remark. But TV stream is quite usefull if you use your TV screen as monitor only, meaning that you connect the NMR direct to your hi-fi installation and wire the video signal only to the monitor, which is my case...
By the way, TV is still far more expensive than a computer monitor => tv stream through NMR is a cheap and attractive solution to watch TV :wink: ; is there any smart way to get this TV stream any way?

One more question as we are talking about multimedia: to you know if:
- I can access the internet through the NMR (for instance from my kitchen as the viao is located in the office)
- I could listen to radio through the NMR (via for windows media example ?)

I'm looking forward to reading your feedback!

To tell the true, I'm disapointed from my RA-304 and the belonging NMR as it doesn't really allow the remote access of the full computer capabilities!

charles