Join now - be part of our community!

Niggly problems with Vaio Pocket 40GB

surfymark
Visitor

Niggly problems with Vaio Pocket 40GB

I have a couple of annoying problems that I thought I might share with you guys and see if you have the same!

1. Battery runs down quickly on its own (i.e. while switched off) If I leave my VP switched off for more than 3 days or so, the battery is dead. Even if it was fully charged when I last used it!

2. When battery dead, forced to reset all settings. This is especially annoying given the above problem! I mean once I have charged it and switched it on I have go through all the rigmoral of resetting the clock etc.
Because of the above problem, I have to charge it almost immediately I notice the battery is getting low to avoid this! Surely it would not be hard to store the settings on the disk rather than some memory that is lost when there is no battery left??

3. When selecting songs, it does not remember the selection I made before the last one. There are two examples of this:
1. I have a lot of albums recorded by "Various Artists". If I choose the Genre Rock, followed by the artist "Various Artists" it lists all the albums on the device with the artist "Various Artists" It should just list those within the Genre Rock.

2. I have several albums with the same name by different artists i.e. Northern Star by Mel C and Groove Armada. So if I choose Genre Pop, Artist Mel C, album Northern Star; it lists all the tracks within the albums Northern Star by both artists. Most annoying!!

So anyone else noticed these problems? Other than this I love the player and I certainly will not swap it for any other player!!

Hope you can help!
Mark

11 REPLIES 11
microbat
Visitor

sorry, didnt mean to offend peoples sensibilties. Please don't get me wrong. I love the Viao, itsust sony arent known to be cheap for replacement parts. If i didn't like the thing i wouldnt have bought it. I was just letting the original post know I had had a similar problem, and whar the response i got was. As I too initially thought it was a battery error.

lensor
Visitor

surfymark,

I have just purchased the VGF-AP1 (love it!) but noticed immediately the bug you're speaking about (I believe).

The VP doesn't seem to undertand 'compilation albums'.

An artist search will correctly show the number of tracks by say "Blondie" in my case, but trying to play the track retrieves the entire album that contains the single Blondie track.

I too would like to see an improvement here unless I'm missing an option somewhere. (It took me a while to figure out how to tell SS that it was a compilation album too!).

Len
p.s. I will continue looking at the forums to see if there is another 'bug reporting' place here.