Join now - be part of our community!

noise when i change LCD brightness(vaio laptop FS115Z)

formof
Visitor

noise when i change LCD brightness(vaio laptop FS115Z)

Hi, folks!

I purchased a vaio fs115z laptop recently and i noticed some things that i dont like.

1. The HDD is really slow.
It is ok that it is 100GB but it is almost 2 times slower that a standart desktop 80GB ATA100 HDD. I know that laptop hdd's are slower than desktop hdd's but THAT much slower.... I'v found that it is 4200RPM Fujitsu HDD.

2. When i reduced LCD brightness i noticed that noise starts to come( not from the speakers) somewhere between the speakers.Volume changing does not affekt the noise.I have also muted speakers and disabled sound device - no result, noise still can be heard. Noise stops only if tune LCD brightness to the max, if i reduce brightness and also disconnect power cord from the laptop, noise starts. I think it is related to brightness controls of the LCD.When i work in my ofice that noise is ok i dont hear it. But when i'm home and listening to the music that noise is pretty annoing.

3.I 'm a sound designer and I use external professional firewire sound card (ESI Quatafire 610).A sound interrupts for a short time when i change LCD brightness and i play a mp3 file with any media player or use some audio software and use that external sound card as the sound output . I also tried another external firewire sound card( M-AUDIO firewire410) with same results.

I'm not updated BIOS of my vaio. And i'm happy with overall performance of my vaio except that HDD speed. All my software working very well and no glitches and problems appeared except those i described above.

So are those problems essential to my vaio or i can fix them?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

That noise you hear is a fault with the inverter which projects the display on your LCD. You should have a word with Sony.

4200RPM is quite slow these days, suprised they didn't go for the standard 5400 or the new 7200RPM drives you can get now.

Cost cutting isn't good Sony!