Join now - be part of our community!

Nvidia Grafics

seskkpell
Visitor

Nvidia Grafics

I have a new VGN-FE21B with a Geforce go 7400. My question is...Where can i get the always necessary latest actualization of Nvidia drivers?

Does Sony usuali make it?

Thank´s a lot

Sesk

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

This is unfortunately where you come unstuck...

Sony make or modify the original vendors drivers (in your case its nVidia) for your VAIO, but helpfully Sony do ***NOT*** update their drivers.

Your only hope is to try the nVidia reference drivers, which MAY work as they all use the Detonator TNT series drivers which are meant to be universal.

However be warned that since its a notebook, these drivers may not be suitable for mobile graphics cards or cause some strange video corruption...

VAIO computers sadly are not optimised in the Graphics department to handle any graphics-intensive game due to the generally poor quality Sony drivers...

ocatarineta
Visitor
ChesterPL
Visitor

Where can i get the always necessary latest actualization of Nvidia drivers? 

Go to http://www.tweaksrus.com/

They have latest mobile nVidia drivers (modified - with all hidden drivers options unlocked like overclocking and other stuff) - I always go for XTreme-G Mobile Drivers...very nice.

Just click Downloads on right side menu and follow XTreme-G Forceware links...

Have Fun

PainKiller
Visitor

My girlfriend has owned her brand new FE21H, I saw on the graphic adapter that has 256mb VRAM. I know that it's just tubocache support but how can I decrease the VRAM because my girlfriend does not use so much VRAM as that. Thx

seskkpell
Visitor

Thank´s a lot Chesterpl for your help. In the other hand, it´s (in my opinion) a big shame that Sony don´t usualy update the graphic drivers of its own computers. Shame on Sony then...maybe they can put that in the next comercial for advising.