Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-481M

G0AOZ
Visitor

PCG-481M

How do I get the case apart in order to remove the hard drive from this laptop? I've undone and removed 12 screws from the bottom of the case, but there appears to be something solidly holding the two halves together roughly under the "A" key or thereabouts. There's a plastic section of the case on the lefthand side which surrounds the VGA connector, IEEE 1394, USB and DC-out sockets - this refuses to budge, can't prise it out, but I can't see what's holding it in place.

If I ever get to it, am I correct in assuming that the hard drive uses the usual standard minature 44-pin 2.5" IDE connector?

Living in hope - G0AOZ.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

PCG-481M confused me at first but I think that this is model number TR1MP. If so this link will be of help to you. It doen't cover HD replacement but does explain how to open the box of tricks. The photos will confirm that it is the same model.
I am pretty certain that you are correct about the HD connector but once you have managed to gain access to it all will become clear.
Good luck.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
G0AOZ
Visitor

Rich, yes that's the model - the case quotes two numbers, and I chose the other one :slight_smile: Yes, if I include the screw holding the memory panel, then it totals 13. So it's those catches to release the keyboard which is what I need, then that final screw inside. Great! When the machine is back here again I'll give it whirl.

Many thanks indeed Rich - much appreciated.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome, good luck with that:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat