Join now - be part of our community!

PCI bus 8, device 3, function 2 Missing on my VGN-AR71ZU

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
V-Woman
Explorer

PCI bus 8, device 3, function 2 Missing on my VGN-AR71ZU

MSA3.PNGHi guys I know my lappy is old but is still a very fast and efficient one regardless........had Win10 recently -  until I came across the problem of not being able to log in without the use of keyboard inspite of no drivers amiss...etc...had to use the on screen keyboard and when I did....and installed the latest version......could not even get to log in stage yack!!!

So could not install from system image and the only way I could get Win8.1 was from a clean install from MasterDisk...luckily I still had. I cannot remember how I got PCI bus 8, device 3, function 2 drivers installed when I first did "8" as was so long ago but know I had to search for it....as much as I have searched I cannot find it.......Can anyone help please get my poor lappy back in order? Many thanks. MSA1.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi V-Woman,

The Mass Storage Controller will probably be the SD Card Reader Writer.

As Sony doesn’t provide support for Win 8 on this model I suggest you try the original driver but if that fails to install you will need to search for the driver from the manufactures support site.

Link to Sony support for this model:
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-AR71ZU

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

V-Woman
Explorer

Thanks Rich.....I managed to work that out lol in the end but driver not compatible...so will try manufacturer...Many Thanks..x

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi V-Woman,

The Mass Storage Controller will probably be the SD Card Reader Writer.

As Sony doesn’t provide support for Win 8 on this model I suggest you try the original driver but if that fails to install you will need to search for the driver from the manufactures support site.

Link to Sony support for this model:
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-AR71ZU

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
V-Woman
Explorer

Thanks Rich.....I managed to work that out lol in the end but driver not compatible...so will try manufacturer...Many Thanks..x