Join now - be part of our community!

PCMCIA PROBLEM WITH VGNTX1 XP/B Laptop

vraiages
Visitor

PCMCIA PROBLEM WITH VGNTX1 XP/B Laptop

Hello,

I'm working as an IT in a company, and we decided to buy a sony laptop for our director.

I'm taking in charge the installation and configuration of the laptop.

For installing computers in our company, we've "masters" compact disc with pre-installed O.S. with specificals settings for our group.

So, i've made the install with this CD, and so all the pre-installed software and drivers from sony was formated/deleted.

By now, i've made the installation of each parts of this computer with the appropriate drivers and software from sony drivers packages.

But, I didn't manage to make the pcmcia port working.

Each time, I'd tried to insert a pcmcia card, it's do nothing, and the card doesn't wake up. Windows xp didn't detect a new peripheral.

With the drivers package from the vaio-style website, i can't find drivers for the pcmcia port Windows xp install his generic driver, but it doesn't seem to work. I tried to install some, but it's go nowhere.

All i can do now, it's to give you the pcmcia information i get from the software called "everest".

It said that :

Fun_0 VEN_104C DEV_8031 REV_00

It also said it is a :

Texas instruments pci xx21 or x515

I found drivers who seems to be good, but when i've installed them, nothing more happens when i insert a card.

I'm really disapointed, because this is the unique part, i'm not able to install.

Could you please help me a little, i'm really appreciate it !

PS: Sorry for my bad english wroten, i'm french user.

PS2 : This a link for this model : http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/select/select.asp?l=fr

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi vraiages and welcome to Club Vaio.

Sorry to hear of your dilemma but rest assured that you are not alone as migrating from the original operating system is fraught with problems.

Usually the PCMCIA device uses the default Windows driver pcmcia.sys. The functionality of this may depend on the chipset driver, but I am not sure on this. Have you installed the chipset driver contained in the pre-installed drivers folder?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat