Join now - be part of our community!

PIECE OF SH*T!

Robby41
Visitor

PIECE OF SH*T!

This thing goes from problem to problem i finally got to transfer some files to my VP and when i disconnected after everything had finshed at a perfectly gud time, the thing crashes during "Checking Music info.." then after using the reset buttontried to play a track and it crashed, so i thort i could simply plug it back into my pc and let it finsh the checking music info and apdating new files after transfer but once again it crashed at checking music info. This is after SS went extremely slow when i went to see if anyfiles had been mis-tranfered or something during the updating process.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before and how do i settle it?

20 REPLIES 20
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Has anyone experienced anything like this before and how do i settle it?

Probably.

Have you downloaded the updates yet?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sounds like a dodgy VP.
I'd have a word.

Robby41
Visitor

It has worked fine up til about a month ago, when it started crashing and so on.
It is now dead!
I formatted the whole thing 19Gb's of it to exact and it looked like the problem was solved unitl i transferd my back onto it and it crashed while "Initializing files please wait" it had this sign and the loading symnol in the corner still going around until the battery ran out about 4 hours.
Now i cannot even switch it on when i put it into the charger the screen stays white and does not do anything and has not since.

DATARAPER
Visitor

It has worked fine up til about a month ago, when it started crashing and so on.
It is now dead!
I formatted the whole thing 19Gb's of it to exact and it looked like the problem was solved unitl i transferd my back onto it and it crashed while "Initializing files please wait" it had this sign and the loading symnol in the corner still going around until the battery ran out about 4 hours.
Now i cannot even switch it on when i put it into the charger the screen stays white and does not do anything and has not since.

:cry: I had exactly the same crashing problem after updating the VP without transferring a lot then I formatted this PIECE OF JUNK and so far no problem (A bit early to judge though ) .Itsbeen a week since the purchace and Im starting to believe that it was a waste of money ? Plus none of the updates does not support direct mp3 transfers(Stupidly I thought that the upgrade should fix the sittuation ). I think that i'm dealing with a product with no actual support a horrible LINE OUT and an unsatisfactory volume level . Any convincing suggestions ? TA !

hldomster
Visitor

I think the VP is the most unstabel piece of SOny Hardware I've come across, for portable audio. Send it back and get an HD5 next month.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think the VP is the most unstabel piece of SOny Hardware I've come across, for portable audio. Send it back and get an HD5 next month.

You're right there.

profile.country.GB.title
stuadam91
New

I've had my VP for five months. It gets used three or four days a week. I have loaded 2000 songs on it. I have updated the firmware, and SonicStage from 2.1 to 2.3 to 3.0 to 3.1. It has never crashed, it has never locked up on me, and I have never had to hard reset it.

I think it is a brilliant device and think Sony has done a brilliant job. I can't wait to see what they do next.

I'm sure I am not the only one who likes it. How about hearing some more positive comments, I am fed up with all this negativity.

terrylong
Visitor

Well...... speak as you find. I've had my Pocket since Christmas. So far so good. I've downloaded approx 2000 tracks, added 2 Gb worth of photos using it as an external hard drive, installed the upgrade, never had a problem with the battery (used for an 8 hour stretch-how long do you want to listen to music continuously!), loaded the latest SS (that is a piece of <profanity removed by moderator>).

Has anyone identified a decent integral FM transmitter yet.

TW
Visitor

How about hearing some more positive comments, I am fed up with all this negativity.

Amen to that:smileyapplause:

:hugging: