Join now - be part of our community!

PIECE OF SH*T!

Robby41
Visitor

PIECE OF SH*T!

This thing goes from problem to problem i finally got to transfer some files to my VP and when i disconnected after everything had finshed at a perfectly gud time, the thing crashes during "Checking Music info.." then after using the reset buttontried to play a track and it crashed, so i thort i could simply plug it back into my pc and let it finsh the checking music info and apdating new files after transfer but once again it crashed at checking music info. This is after SS went extremely slow when i went to see if anyfiles had been mis-tranfered or something during the updating process.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before and how do i settle it?

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah but thing is if they're not having a good time with the VAIO Pocket then this needs to be addressed by Sony.

By all means post good responses, this is just as important.

But if there's a fault, don't sit in silence, someone might be able to help.

mvanwambeke
Visitor

Yeah but thing is if they're not having a good time with the VAIO Pocket then this needs to be addressed by Sony.

By all means post good responses, this is just as important.

But if there's a fault, don't sit in silence, someone might be able to help.

Couldn't have phrased it better

kee-lo_

I can see why they're fed up of negitive comments, but they should accept they're not fail proof.

TW
Visitor

Couldn't have phrased it better 

I second that.

kee-lo_

Thanks TW

Working late tonight?

Hellz_Virtue
Visitor

Lmao hey peeps you gotta understand this was Sony's first attempt at a HDD music player, and may I say a pretty decent one at that, when you look at its features. I know that it isnt faultless, i am a little disappointed with its jumpiness and i know that it has a few bugs that could be ironed out. However, i am a power user (i like to see myself as one :smileygrin: ) and to me it is a brilliant first attempt. I always want the best sound quality, bass, battery life, features and cool gadgety-type features, i.e the g-sense pad. I have had no major problems that dont involve pressing the reset button now and again, and i think this is because i use it as it should be. I doubt that the problems that people have encountered is entirely the VP's fault.
You wanted positive, here is a big positive from me - a real power user. I know that it isnt the best, far from it, and i too am angry at some of the flaws in it, but i cannot wait until Sony learn from their mistakes and make the next VP - music or video and music player - a real stunner.
P.S: hope you sort your problems out guys, i know theyre a pain in the ass, ive had some of them too!

constantine_jk
Visitor

I think that this thread has missed the point. What has happend Robby? Did you short out the problems?

The VP is not perfect, but I agree that it is a very decent attempt of Sony. If I could choose again, then I would buy it again. It comes to what everyone needs. Whatever you buy, there is going to be a compromise somewhere.

Conor456
Visitor

i agree with constantine_jk, i think the VP just looks so cool compared to a damm Ipod, i've only got round to transfering all my songs onto it yesterday(i bought the f***** thing in february!), and im so pleased with it. I dont have problems with my VP (granted theres a few bugs but i would expect sony to sort them out) its sonicstage thats the problem. I personally couldnt care less about mp4 capability because i know if it ever happens i'll probably use it once and say "thats cool" then never use it again! I was in uni today and some girl saw it and said "wow whats that?!!" its still not well known and i like that. I like bein different.

constantine_jk
Visitor

I personally couldnt care less about mp4 capability because i know if it ever happens i'll probably use it once and say "thats cool" then never use it again! I was in uni today and some girl saw it and said "wow whats that?!!" its still not well known and i like that. I like bein different.

Well, I had an ipaq 4700 (perhaps one of the most advanced pdas in the market) and I changed it three times....it's a rather long story. I ended up with a Palm T|T5 (as Sony stopped clies) which doesn't have all the tech stuff of the hp, but I saved some money from buying it instead and I am happy with it. To be honest, I don't think that I would use all the extra bits of the hp but of course I wanted them.

Some features are nice to have but very rarely used. They give the extra "wow" factor and that's it. I find the VP fine as it is and I don't think it should become any more complicated than this. I know that many people have a different opinion and I respect that.

The bottom line is that the VP could be better and according to my opinion, it has the looks, it's more exclusive that an iPod (I am fed up seeing it so often on the streets), it has better sound quality (my preference), better build quality and I trust more Sony support.

Conor456
Visitor

(as Sony stopped clies)

Whats the deal with these clies? where they good? i have a p900 and i love it, i'd never change it, maybe thats why i couldnt care about video because my phone can play them, you can even play DVDs on them now! At the end of the day i bought the vp for music and thats it. But your right, everyone's different