Join now - be part of our community!

Please can you help, I messed up my daughter's Vaio

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jandjmassey
Visitor

Please can you help, I messed up my daughter's Vaio

I feel so absolutely foolish!  I am so cross with myself.

Early yesterday morning in the half light (and without my specs) I pressed the 'Assist' button thinking this was the sleep  button as I have on my laptop. 

Somehow, the Vaio reconfigured itself to a new user and all my daughter's (and son in law's) info has gone!

Their user name which was 'Jason' doesn't now exist!  :anguished:

I can't believe all their info, pics etc. has been deleted.  Not in such a short space of time the machine was 'updating'!

Has everything been lost?  If not, then how can I reinstate the files - where do they reside on the computer?

Can they somehow be brought back?

My daughter says they never used to log in as a user, which may be that was because they were logged in as the Administrator.

Please can someone help, as I don't think I'll ever be able to sleep soundly again!  

I am amazed that pressing such a small button can do so much damage.

Also, their serial numbers/passwords for Word, Internet, etc. has been wiped and needs to have them reinserted.  Some software has gone altogether, such as itunes.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

mathewlisett wrote:

maybe we are focusing on one area.

what about doing a system resore, so hopefully a point before all this happened?

It will not normally recover deleted data files but you are right, it is well worth a try - especially as we are not sure what has happened.

:wink: