Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with SS 3.1 Backup Tool

constantine_jk
Visitor

Problem with SS 3.1 Backup Tool

I used the SS Backup Tool in order to back up all my data and perform a format on my laptop. This is something which worked in the past but unfortunately not this time. After the format, I installed SS 3.1 again and I tried to restore my data. Half way the process, I got a message saying that it failed. Checking my library, cover arts and a few albums were not restored.

Of course, the most up to data data is in the VP but I cannot transfer those files to the PC. Is there any solution to this?

Also, I tried to create a new backup from whatever was recovered and when I started the process, there was another warning saying that the path for a lot of files cannot be found....

Please help! Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
jsonic
Visitor

Hi, had tthe same problem :

delete the software using software add/remove

delet the sony SS directoires on C and on c: program_files

Install the original SS and update to 3.1

know backup will work again (I know it is a lot of work but is is a matter of corrupt databases).

hopes
this help

JS

constantine_jk
Visitor

Hello,

thanks a lot for the advise.

I tried what you suggested and the restore was completed with no problems. When I tried to play some tracks, there is a message saying that the music file for the track was not found. Also, some german characters (from song titles) have been altered to strange symbols.....

I have started becoming very worried for my library.....is there any way that I would be able to transfer the songs from the vp to the pc???

Thanks