Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with VGN-B1 on Shutting down

thsteph
Visitor

Problem with VGN-B1 on Shutting down

Hi there... I recently bought SONY VGN-B1XP with Windows XP SP2 and some times I have a bit of a problem on shutting down. I tried disabling the W-LAN, the Ethernet, the DVD-RW and some other devices and programs but it still takes about 2-3 minutes to shut down (if not even more). The strange in this case is that it doesn't do it all the times and that I am not doing something different. I am now downloading all the upgrades from VAIO LINK Update and then from Windows Updates. The last time I did it nothing got fixed! Let's hope that this time will. Any ideas???

5 REPLIES 5
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi

Welcome to the forum:smileygrin:

Let us know if the upgrades worked.

If not, it's a long shot but try scanning your machine for spyware. There's a couple fo good free downloads from Ad-Aware and Spybot if you don't already use them.

thsteph
Visitor

Hi there,

Unfortunately the updates haven't work. I' using both Adware and Spybot S&D. None of them found anything. I'm also using Spyware Doctor and ESET NOD32 Antivirus which are considered to be very efficient softwares. I know that cause I'm an IT. But still haven't found a solution on this. Any other ideas?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Do you have any windows that want you to close a program before shutdown?

thsteph
Visitor

Well... no... actually I tried stopping many processes before shutting down just to be sure that none of them is engaged to the shutting procedure.

I also need to reinstall the "vaio entertainment console". Any ideas how to do that??? The reinstallation doesn't seem to be working since the vaio entertainment console isn't present in those applications you can recover. Also tried the "e-support vaio-link" to find the console but couldn't find anything from the preinstalled programs of my laptop in there. The console is needed for the updated VAIO Zone.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Not sure as I don't have VAIO Zone