Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with new Vaio-Notebook!!!!

Littledumpling
Visitor

Problems with new Vaio-Notebook!!!!

Within five days, the same mistake has appeared with my Noteook twice. Once while restarting and once while switching off. The computer cannot be switched off, the folder windows and the wastepaper basket can be opened, however, programs can be begun no more. I cannot return the error message exactly, something with .dll at the end. At last computer must be switched off about the main switch.

Innerhalb von fünf Tagen, ist bei meinem Noteook zweimal der gleiche Fehler aufgetreten. Einmal beim Neustarten und einmal beim Ausschalten. Der Computer lässt sich nicht ausschalten, die Ordnerfenster und der Papierkorb lassen sich öffnen, Programme lassen sich aber nicht mehr starten. Die Fehlermeldung kann ich nicht genau wiedergeben, irgendwas mit .dll am Ende. Computer muss letztendlich über den Hauptschalter ausgeschaltet werden.:smileycry:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Little dumpling and welcome to the forum.

The exact error message will help us narrow down the problem, but in the meantime I suggest that you scan your computer for viruses and malware.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Littledumpling
Visitor

Thanks, I have scan the notebook and there were no viruses or anything else.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

In that case can you let us know the exact .dll error message?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Littledumpling
Visitor

I can say it, unfortunately, no more, but one said so much that the programs no more can be begun because the computer was shut down. However, the Windows desktop was still there

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Without knowing the exact cause of the problem I can only suggest that you try a system restore back to a date that all was working (Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore) and if that does not solve the problem then a system recovery using your recovery disks.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Littledumpling
Visitor

Thank you for your help, if the problem still resists I shall try to notice the complete error message. :slight_smile: