Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with Sound-, Screen- and Zoom-Buttons

bgpower
Visitor

Problems with Sound-, Screen- and Zoom-Buttons

Hi everybody,

my Vaio A-517B is yet about a year old and I am very happy with it. For 2 or 3 weeks I have been having problems with my overlay buttons /next to the Power Button/ which are for the Volume regulation, Screen Light and so on. The Main-Button for opening the CD/DVD Drive also refuses to work. I dont remember to have uninstalled any drivers, or Windows Packages, but it seems that I have lost something, because the Buttons simply dont work. As an example the only way to set the lightning of the screen down is to go to the Power Management.

It would be very nice, if anyone can help me.

Additional Information:

Thanks,

PS: Sorry for my bad English

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi bgpower and welcome,

The special keys and the Fn keys are controlled by your Sony Utilities.

If you have a folder C:\Utils double-click on Utils.exe and see if this restores your keys.

If not go to VAIO-LINK DOWNLOADS where you will find Updates for the Sony Utilities (7/07/06) and for the Vaio Event Service (15/11/06). Try installing those.

If all else fails, you can download the Preinstalled Utitities from the same link. You will have to expand the compressed download into a temporary folder like D:\Utilities and install the following IN ORDER:

1 Sony Utilities (installer folder 1)
2 Sony Shared Library (installer folder 2)
3 Vaio Event Service (installer folder ?)

Reboot your Vaio.

You may have to repeat this as it doesn't always work first time.

:wink:

miguelastico
Visitor

hi
i have some problems with sound control in my fe11m
when i push volume up or down button the OSD shows up the volume level, but nothing changes.
S1 and S2 keys work well, vaio event service is active and i don't have any "utils.exe" file in my drive
vaio support center (and so download section) is down
please help me, having to open windows audio settings to control the volume is a little annoying... :slight_frown:
thanks,
michele

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi

Welcome to Club vaio, :slight_smile:

Here is the link for the utilities for your FE11M..

If the Vaio-link site is down again here is the link to download direct from the FTP site.. :wink: