Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery System DVD Damage and NOW what?

Deaf666
Visitor

Recovery System DVD Damage and NOW what?

First of all i want to say Hi to the people of this forum and congrats for the great forum you guys have:D

So, i have a problem with my Vaio, its not serious but i really want to fixe it. I bought a Sony Vaio FE21B Laptop and this one brings Windows Media Center. So, first of all i created the System DVD on the Recovery Tools, and then i formated only partition C on the hardisk and installed Win XP Pro Sp2. But now i want to re/install the original OS that came with the laptop, and thats the prob, the dvd that i created with the Recovery tool its damage, so i cant recovery the original OS. but i still have the Recovery Partition, where can i donwload the program to do the Recovery on the XP PRO?

Deaf666@msn.com

Thx everyone for ur time and sorry about my english..eeheh I tried my best to explain the problem

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Deaf666 and welcome to Club Vaio.

If your Recovery Partition is still OK - try this: -

Reset the BIOS defaults by tapping F2 when you see the Vaio logo on boot. Choose to reset the defaults and Save and Exit.

When your Vaio next boots, tap F10 at the Vaio logo - this should start the Recovery Wizard. You will need to select 'Recover My Computer' and then 'Full Recovery'.

Your English is fine !

:wink:

EDIT: Don't forget to back up everything first !!!

Deaf666
Visitor

Wow, I'm going it to try now, thanks for your fast response...and wish me good luck ehehe

Serious, thank you so much...ehehe

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!

If you have data on drive D:\ try just the default drive C:\ Recovery.

You will lose all programs and data on C:\ and your Vaio will be returned to 'Factory Condition'. You will have to load all your software programs again and all the MS Updates.