Join now - be part of our community!

VN-CX1 Skype Mouse

osman.six
Visitor

VN-CX1 Skype Mouse

Hi, Just bought one of those CX1 Skype Mouse/Handset gadgets and as soon as I installed it on my Vaio FS laptop, as if by magic the sound stops working. The device manager in windows says there's nothing wrong with the sound card, and nothing wrong with the mouse either. Could they be conflicting? Cause under my audio devices on the device manager i have a new one, USB Audio Device, presumably the speaker on the handset.

If it is a simple conflict, how can I solve this? A little bit anti-climactic when you've splashed out £59 on a peripheral...

False alarm, when the supplied program installs itself, it automatically sets the speaker inside the mouse as the default audio device in windows, overriding the existing settings. Just changed it under Sound in the windows control panel.

Hopefully if anyone else has the same problem, this'll tell them how to fix it.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi osman.six,

Try this:

In control panel double click ‘Sounds and Audio Devices’ > on the Audio tab make sure that, under Default Device pull down menu, your on board (integrated) audio is selected NOT USB audio device > change, if necessary, and apply...

Edit: missed your edit LOL

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
osman.six
Visitor

Haha thanks for that, it's worth noting for anyone experiencing the same problem that you then have to configure skype to use the USB audio device instead of the on-board sound card, this can be done through Tools > Options > Sound Devices, then selecting USB audio device for both Audio In and Audio Out.

A bit of a pain, but worth it for this ultra-cool piece of kit!