Join now - be part of our community!

Remove NVIDIA Graphics Card Driver on VGN-FE11S Windows 10

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Remove NVIDIA Graphics Card Driver on VGN-FE11S Windows 10

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone could advise me on how to remove the NVIDIA graphics card driver on a VGN-FE11S, I basically upgraded it from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x86 to Windows 10 Pro x86 using the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and everytime I come to load the desktop, I keep on getting 2 error messages related to 2 .dlls for the NVIDIA graphics card, I tried removing the NVIDIA graphics card via Programs and Features but got a message saying that the uninstaller couldn't be located and do you want to remove it from the list, I unfortunately clicked Yes and can't even roll back the driver via Device Manager as it is already using the WHQL version of the driver supplied by Microsoft. The only options I can think of doing are to disable any processes related to the NVIDIA graphics card drivers in MSConfig or to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 which would be a bit of drastic decision. Your input and suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Update

I have concluded that there are not many drivers that would work in Windows 10 apart from the odd driver such as the media card driver.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
timauluck
Explorer

Update

I have concluded that there are not many drivers that would work in Windows 10 apart from the odd driver such as the media card driver.

Regards,

RocknRollTim