Join now - be part of our community!

Restore recovery partition

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Restore recovery partition

I created two dvd's with the recovery stuff on it with Vaio Recovery Tool. After creating the dvd's I made the parition unallocated (Everything removed) with Norton Partition Magic instead of using Vaio software....now I have a primary partition and I can't move the extra space to my d or c drive.

I want to recover the partition again, and want to know how to do this. I have the FE11S laptop.

thx ahead

26 REPLIES 26
Carelino
Visitor

Yes I did...but i think the fact the disk is primary it's blocked to move or merge to any place

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes I did...but i think the fact the disk is primary it's blocked to move or merge to any place

I think you may have to use the Vaio recovery & resize the partitions... it's very strange :thinking:

Carelino
Visitor

Heheh I always want something that is "impossible ":smileygrin: How can I use vaio recovery and resize partitions....I dont see that option....

Carelino
Visitor

The only thing I did not try yet it installing Linux and try to fix the problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Heheh I always want something that is "impossible ":smileygrin: How can I use vaio recovery and resize partitions....I dont see that option....

I think it's possible but without you vaio in front of me I am unsure as to a solution other than selecting Custom Drive Recovery when running the Sony's recovery system :slight_frown:

Carelino
Visitor

That is my last solution....damm annoying recovery partition...:smileysad:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I think so unfortunately..:smileysad: