Join now - be part of our community!

Sonicstage always Crash

Fr3aK
Visitor

Sonicstage always Crash

Hello everyone..i have a big Problem everytime i want to convert any songs to format for my VGF-AP1L my Sonicstage crash down. No error Message..Nothing! Can me anybody help...PLEASE

28 REPLIES 28
chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi ian_6800, have you checked to see if your Firewall allows SS to get online?

This is essential to allow everything to work properly.

SS will also organise your MP3's, you need to use the import music function under the file menu. You may however need to edit the song & album name. SS keeps all the info so its just a bit of cut & paste work really.

A little tip.. if you want to add lots or any amount of tracks to one particular album, in the properties of each track is a tick box that will indicate to SS its a compilation. If this is not checked you will end up with a new album for each track you import.

HTH

ian_6800
Visitor

I have never had a problem with SS before. I hadn't used it in a while but thats about it. I think that I had version 3.3 which had work perfectly before with no problems. I load it up the other day and notice its playing up. I thought that I'd upgrade my version to see if that solved the issue, but, No its doesnt.

My firewall is fine and does allow SS to receive and send data.

:smileythinking:

chris_lewis
Visitor

:smileythinking: indeed, all I can suggest really is the old uninstall reinstall.

Make sure you are downloading the correct verion for your region too.

HTH

ian_6800
Visitor

Uninstalled and just reinstalled it fresh from the web version 4.2...... and ..... still the same. Although, when i turned on my Pocket Vaio, the application automatically started this time..

Just seems very strange that it works a couple of months ago and now it doesnt work at all..

Just wondering, does this database converter run in the background of the application. My computer HD seems to be busy and the SS software is using 50% of my processing power. :smileythinking:

chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi, yes the Dbase converter will run in the background until it conversion is complete. You may also have to do a factory reset on your VP before a transfer will be possible.

HTH

ian_6800
Visitor

I kept the VP connected and the SS software running to see if it would solve the issue. But the top menu (file, view, control... etc) still flickers even when the Database converter finishes and my computer is not doing anything anymore.

This is beginning to get really annoying. I expect to turn it on and to transfer songs easily.

How do I go about doing this Factory Resetting?

chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi Ian, I think we are getting closer,

To reset your VP you will find a little button on the bottom of the player. Its small so you may need to use a paperclip or similar to press it.

When you do this factory reset everything from the player will be deleted.

Leaving the player connected whilst updating is likley to add a few more issues so Im sorry to say this but you will need to reinstall SS again.

Lets start from the beginning. go here & download the VP update & follow the instructions to the letter. this update must be done in the right order. if you already have the update installed then use the link on the page to get back to SS3.3

You will be able to upgrade again to 4.2 ( its much better) but lets get it working first.

C

ian_6800
Visitor

Errrm, I have pressed the little reset button on the bottom of my VP but I have just turned it back on and all of my tracks are still on there. The only thing that has be reset in the History, Time, etc

I will be doing every thing you said on your last post, just thought i'd let you know.

:thinking:

ian_6800
Visitor

Firmware was already installed on my VP.

Downloaded 3.3 version of SS, Installed, restarted computer, ran SS loaded, menu (file, view, control, etc) still flickering. Unresponsive.

The setup for the SS software appeared got through a few steps then didn't respond.

Still appears to be the same. DOH! :slight_frown:

chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi, there is also the option to format the VP in the menu which could also need to be done, incidentally I had a look in my firewall settings last night (Norton) & I have 3 programmes listed associated with Sonic Stage may be worth checking this again with your firewall or switch it to learning mode when your installing to make sure things arent being blocked under the radar so to speak.

Out of interest did you have the VP update installed already?

C