Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO Model SVE1713S1EW - Which Model ???

SONY VAIO Model SVE1713S1EW - Which Model ???

Hi

I have a Sony VAIO Laptop Model No SVE1713S1EW   - using Windows 8.1 (at Present) 

Im a little bit peeved that Sony hasnt bothered doing the necessary updates ready for the launch of Windows 10 (like other manufacturers already have) but my issue is with VAIO care - I keep getting messages not to update yet etc but when I go to the  page http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/windows10   - my model isnt listed - so which one do I choose instead ?? 

I also keep getting the message through Vaio Care "Important information when choosing your anti-virus solution (Spring 2013 models)  but when I click on the link provided it doesnt automatically take me to the page containing this item - it just takes me to the support page - http://www.sony.co.uk/support    and the message about anti-virus isnt there  AARRGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone point me in the direction of some help - I havent got the time to keep trawling through endless results in the search.

Cheers ANNF

For the record Ive been using Sony Vaio's for about 10 years now - I LOVE my Laptop and every model Ive had before - pity they are discontinuing them. Call me old fashioned but as a researcher I have to copy and paste alot of text and images for reserach purposes and I DETEST Touch screen computers for doing this - 

2 REPLIES 2

1. I have exactly the same model but I was able to locate this on the drop down menu.

2. I also am getting the message about choosing anti virus solutions for Spring 2013 models and like you I am getting Nowhere in finding the actual message just getting the support page and no access to this message.

A poor show from Sony Vaio if this is indeed "important information".

Hi

Just like to point out that the model is now listed BECAUSE I phoned them to let them know that "S1EW" were not on the list. They have added them over the last week. :slight_smile:

Still cant find the anti-virus message though 

One Day, Computing will be less frustrating 

Fingers crossed :slight_smile: