Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO SVF1521C2EW drivers

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
scopio
Explorer

Sony VAIO SVF1521C2EW drivers

I have replaced the HDD with a SSD and installed Windows 10 Home 64bit and I have an unknown device with the yellow exclamation in Device Manager the LPC Controller (Code28) APCI\SNY5001\4&CBD6309&0 which I understand to be the Firmware Extension Parser Device Drive, (although I may be wrong, I stand to be corrected). The support page has this driver SODFEP-00270203-0082.EXE to download. What I need to achieve is to be able to use the touch screen, I would appreciate someone with the knowhow to confirm if this is the right driver version for my laptop and any other driver I need to install.
Thanks.

Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
scopio
Explorer

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks for your assistance.

I have now solved the issue with the touch screen on the Vaio SVF1521C2EW by installing the Sony® Firmware Extension Parser Device Driver (Windows 10 64bit...) File Name SODFEP-00270203-0082.EXE
File Version 8.0.2.4.

The ‘Sony Shared Library’ and ‘Notebook Utilities’ although listed in the support page cannot be downloaded as when I press Download it takes me to a page with the message "Files cannot be found"!! So, I haven't bothered with installing them as the laptop works perfectly well without them.

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi scopio

That's good news. As long as the Fn keys work OK I would let sleeping dogs lie!

Good Result!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I presume you are looking at the support page for your specific model here:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-svf-series/svf1521c2e?downloads-num=97

Yes this is the SFEP driver as you suppose.

You are quoting the original Win 8.0 SFEP driver but I can see a Win 8.1 update which may need installing (EP000600937) to fix a graphics bug.

There doesn’t appear to be a specific touch-screen driver so I assume it uses the generic Windows drivers.

Have you installed the latest ‘Sony Shared Library’ and ‘Notebook Utilities’?

profile.country.GB.title
scopio
Explorer

Thanks for your reply.

Which is the EP000600937 driver (I would need the name of the driver)

The SFEP driver I quote is in this page where it states it is also for Windows 10 64bit

Where can I download them from?

The ‘Sony Shared Library’ on the page is the one for Windows 8 64bit is SOASSL-00290396-0082.EXE? When I click to download it it says "file not found"!!

Found the Sony Notebook Utilities (Windows 8 64bit) SOAOTH-685A0000-0082.EXE? When I click to download it it says "file not found"!!

profile.country.GB.title
scopio
Explorer

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks for your assistance.

I have now solved the issue with the touch screen on the Vaio SVF1521C2EW by installing the Sony® Firmware Extension Parser Device Driver (Windows 10 64bit...) File Name SODFEP-00270203-0082.EXE
File Version 8.0.2.4.

The ‘Sony Shared Library’ and ‘Notebook Utilities’ although listed in the support page cannot be downloaded as when I press Download it takes me to a page with the message "Files cannot be found"!! So, I haven't bothered with installing them as the laptop works perfectly well without them.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi scopio

That's good news. As long as the Fn keys work OK I would let sleeping dogs lie!

Good Result!