Join now - be part of our community!

Sony vaio SVF152A29m can i change graphic card?

SOLVED

Sony vaio SVF152A29m can i change graphic card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Leonardpopa16 and welcome.

The answer is almost certainly no.

It will depend on your exact model if you have Intel HD Graphics or nVidea Optimus graphics.

Intel Graphics will be inside the i5 Intel processor and you would need to update the processor to improve the graphics performance. However, no on-processor graphics can be as good as a dedicated graphics chip.

If you have the nVidea Graphics, this will be on a chip soldered into the main board and will not be economically upgradable.

I cannot check for sure because you are not using the correct Vaio model name. The model name used for support by Sony will be under your battery and you will need to take it out to find the proper model - it will start SVF1521xxx or SVF15Axxx. You can then go to the Support page for your model and check the exact specifications.Here is a link to the support page for the SVF15A1M2E as an example:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-svf-series/svf15a1m2e

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Leonardpopa16 and welcome.

The answer is almost certainly no.

It will depend on your exact model if you have Intel HD Graphics or nVidea Optimus graphics.

Intel Graphics will be inside the i5 Intel processor and you would need to update the processor to improve the graphics performance. However, no on-processor graphics can be as good as a dedicated graphics chip.

If you have the nVidea Graphics, this will be on a chip soldered into the main board and will not be economically upgradable.

I cannot check for sure because you are not using the correct Vaio model name. The model name used for support by Sony will be under your battery and you will need to take it out to find the proper model - it will start SVF1521xxx or SVF15Axxx. You can then go to the Support page for your model and check the exact specifications.Here is a link to the support page for the SVF15A1M2E as an example:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-svf-series/svf15a1m2e