Join now - be part of our community!

Sound Driver installation od FS(b)

si_coombes
Visitor

Sound Driver installation od FS(b)

Im doing a lean install of XP pro, but when the installation is complete and I try to install the sound drivers the error message "Microsoft BUS drivers must be installed to continue installation" appears.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi

Welcome tothe forum:smileyhappy:

This link might help

avalancha
Visitor

Im doing a lean install of XP pro, but when the installation is complete and I try to install the sound drivers the error message "Microsoft BUS drivers must be installed to continue installation" appears.

Any ideas?

Had the same problem - the new drivers are obviously not compatible with xp pro. i found an older Realtek HD Audio driver and installed that one - just google for older versions.

formof
Visitor

Prior to installing Realtek audio drivers you need to download and install this
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&DwnldID=7525&ProductID=18...

gnomo74
Visitor

Hi, I am posting again the answer to this.
on www.vaio-link.com if you download the original drivers for your VGN-FS, you have the Drivers\UAA High Definition Audio Class Driver and Drivers\Chipset directory. There are readme files indicating that you MUST install these drives prior to installing audio and modem drivers.

Hope this helps.

si_coombes
Visitor

Hi

All sorted now, the drivers avaliable to download contain the HD audio files needed.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

lazybones
Visitor

is a "lean" install just the operating system and nothing else? if so you could be missing dedicated drivers included on your recovery disk. recovery disks are a real pain, but not the fault of the computer suppliers. microsoft won't allow them to sell the operating system on a disk of its' own; it must be included as part of a package, so that one is lumbered with a pile of junk software one will never use.

if you have a disk of xp pro, try upgrading. boot as usual, insert the cd in the drive and it will autoplay. opt to setup and it will offer to upgrade. xp does have a huge database of generic drivers.

failing that, try going to the website of the soundcard maker and downloading a driver.

hope it helps