Join now - be part of our community!

Special buttons, S1 and S2

Fursten
Visitor

Special buttons, S1 and S2

Hello,
I was wondering if there's any way to program these buttons (S1, S2) to something else than what is in the dropdown menu in the control center. For example it would be great if you could make them change the speaker volume, so that for instance s1 lowers it and s2 increases it. I think more people than me would love to program the special buttons this way, as there is no manual volume control other than the fn+f3/f4 combination. And while doing a presentation it's nice to be able to control the volume easily since when I'm playing audio tracks or video the volume of the different files varies. If someone has a solution or just simply agrees please post :slight_smile:

/Filip

Sony Vaio sz3/XP

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Fursten,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Your SZ3XP already has a similar feature for adjusting the volume on your Vaio..

See the image below, for information on how to use the Function keys.. :slight_smile:

koaladan
Visitor

You can program the S buttons to launch applications using Control Panel->Vaio Control Centre->S Button. If you had an app which increased or decreased the volume from the commandline, you could launch it from these buttons.

Fursten
Visitor

You can program the S buttons to launch applications using Control Panel->Vaio Control Centre->S Button.  If you had an app which increased or decreased the volume from the commandline, you could launch it from these buttons.

Yeah, sounds like that could work. However I'm not too good at programming :slight_smile: Does anyone have an idea how to do this?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Fursten,

If you don't want to use the FN key and F3 key or F4 key to adjust the volume of your Vaio (as per my earlier post) you could also click once on the speaker icon and adjust your volume from there... :slight_smile: