Join now - be part of our community!

SVS1313P9EB Hotkeys not working after reinstalling Windows7

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
lambstew
New

SVS1313P9EB Hotkeys not working after reinstalling Windows7

Having had so many problems with Win10, I installed a clean version of Win7

The only problem I have is the Fn keys (eg volume/brightness control) and special keys such as the Stamina/Speed don't work. I could not find any hotkey utilities on the Support downloads page. And could not find the Vaio Recovery software for Win7 that helps to download drivers. Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
lambstew
New

I think I've found a solution, or at least this works for me. I downloaded and installed the Shared Library a second time. I think the first time I downloaded all the software, I installed them in the wrong sequence. After reading through a lot of posts and articles, it seems like there is a correct order for installing the VAIO software. Installing Shared Library again seems to have solved my issues. The Fn volume and brightness keys are working fine. As is the Stamina-Speed switch.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
lambstew
New

I think I've found a solution, or at least this works for me. I downloaded and installed the Shared Library a second time. I think the first time I downloaded all the software, I installed them in the wrong sequence. After reading through a lot of posts and articles, it seems like there is a correct order for installing the VAIO software. Installing Shared Library again seems to have solved my issues. The Fn volume and brightness keys are working fine. As is the Stamina-Speed switch.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @lambstew

Thanks for letting us know :beers: