Join now - be part of our community!

Thalamus help me please!!

ciccione
Visitor

Thalamus help me please!!

Thalamus u are a expert here, do u have any helps to me?

i have the same problem about the DVD.
My DVD/CD-ROM is MATSHITA UJ-832D.
i have alredy read the post http://www.club-vaio.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=36996
but this is my situation:

1- my firmware is 1.7 and there is not firmware update(not in vaio link and not in web side)
2- i dont have a restore date so i can not come back.
3- in Device Manager hardware DVD working correctly, no error code and no yellow triangle
4- Tryed already to uninstall the driver and rebooting the system, no good results
5- change the brand TDK, Verbatim,ecc. dont change the result. I can try only with two software. no good resulds.
6- i no want to try liquid lens cleaner, my vaio is still in garanty. Why should be a lend problem when befoare everything worked perfettly?
8- well i shoud becakup my data by DVD burner, but it doent work. Why sould buy a HD external for a sony problem?

i would like to install a old driver but i dont undestand where is located the DVD driver in the "Original Drivers Package" (there are a lot of folders as audio,camera,ecc but not DVD or something like that.)

Please let me know what i should do now.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ciccione,

You've tried several solutions already and as you've also checked the solutions provided by Blencogo already..

The drivers are not available for download as they are provided by Microsoft, if you remove your CD/DVD drive from device manger, then restart your Vaio, the default drivers for your CD/DVD should automatically be re-loaded again..

As you still under warranty, I would suggest that you back up your important data and run the Vaio recovery utility..

If that does not resolve your CD/DVD drive problems, then open a case with Vaio-Support .. :slight_frown: