Join now - be part of our community!

Tuner connection problems in Vaio Zone

Cariss
Visitor

Tuner connection problems in Vaio Zone

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a problem I am experiencing with my TV tuner. I have a Sony Vaio V3S desktop and clicking on my TV icon tonight on my vaio zone toolbar I found I had been disconnected from my in-built tuner somehow.

Can anyone tell me how I can get it reconnected again please?

Thanks.

Cariss

22 REPLIES 22
spooksthehorse
Visitor

I don't think that would be a problem for me because it has been working fine for the past 6 months. It's just suddenly stopped working.

I had a look for the Vaio zone software on support but all that is available are updates for it, not the original software. Anyone able to point me in the right direction? It's definitely not there...

Also wouldn't starting the recovery disk wipe everything i've done on it since i bought it. Seems like a lot of extra work and possible problems which i should probably try and avoid!

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It didn't come with any...

Did you not make the recovery set?

spooksthehorse
Visitor

I'm embarassed to say, no i didn't.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Probably best to do that now....
Start > All Programs > VAIO Recovery Media Tool

BartK
Visitor

I'd say try a system restore (since it worked fine in the past) and check in device manager if the tuner card is still recognised. if it still is remove it and reboot and check if it gets redetected. If not then you can do a recovery, but the chanses are the tv tuner card is broken and needs replacing --> contact Vaio-link.

spooksthehorse
Visitor

The card must be working though cos i;ve tried it with some cheap free tv viewing software and it can receive the channels, it's just a bit rubbish quality.
Is there any way somebody could just send me Vaio Zone? I think having that working again it will solve it. Then i'll make those recovery disks and i'll be able to watch the tv again.
Pretty please? :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi spooksthehorse

As your Vaio has a hard-drive recovery system, if you goto Start > All Programs > Vaio Recovery Tool and click on Vaio Recovery utility.

Once the Vaio Recovery utility has loaded, click the options button and select Recovery Specific Applications that were pre-installed, click OK, then Yes and Yes again.

You should see Vaio Zone towards the bottom of the list. Hope this helps..:smileyhappy:

Also, as Kee-Lo posted earlier, it would be wise to make a set of recovery discs ASAP..:smileywink:

spooksthehorse
Visitor

before you posted that above, i actually did that from looking at another one of your posts and BINGO it's back installed again and i'm now watching the TV again.
Thanks very much for all the help! and yes i'll be making those recovery disks! Thanks again :slight_smile:

BartK
Visitor

Once the Vaio Recovery utility has loaded, click the options button and select Recovery Specific Applications that were pre-installed, click OK, then Yes and Yes again.

Only problem is, that when you don't get the channel search after reinstalling Vaio Zone, you will need to preform a full reco...

Glocks
Visitor

i can't find the vaio media recovery tool? is it on all flavours? mines a W2 we have a real love hate relationship.....