Join now - be part of our community!

upgrade to vista

rikaz
Visitor

upgrade to vista

Hi can anyone tell me will it be possible to upgrade to vista, my notebood is a VGN-FS115B. would appreciate any help thank you. :wink:

8 REPLIES 8
eoindoyle
Visitor

Download the VISTA Upgrade Advisor on the following link and it will tell you exactly if your system is ready to upgrade. Oh and you need 2Gig of RAM to run the AERO desktop I think.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradeadvisor.mspx

VISTA Home Basic edition is similar to XP so if your upgrading Home Premium is a good option.

Regards

dennisgoehmann
Visitor

My FS115M was suitable for vista...according to the upgrade advisor. But why the hell do you want to upgrade?

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

My desktop PC was just Vista Capable and it recommend Vista Home Basic.
Now I'm running Vista Ultimate x64. And it's working perfectly rocksolid with all the advantages.

So, why the hell he should not upgrade?

Waqz
Visitor

Wow. You must of payed alot for Ultimate!
You need to have atleast 512mb of Ram. Which every Vaio problem comes with at a minuimum. But it is reccomened 1gb for optimal performance...
Mine reccomends Vista Premuim and thats the one i should get for free.

dennisgoehmann
Visitor

So, why the hell he should not upgrade?

Because I regard Vista as unready and I'm not very satisfied so far. At least if I compare my recent Vaio to its predecessor, which I was constrained to sent back to Sony after two years.
Well, of course, I regard Vista as a big advantage, too. But I don't think that there isn't any need to get it too overhasty. That is a completely different thing if you need it occupatinally... ah ok, and it's always a question of taste and point of view. At last one has to take his own choice! :slight_smile:

rikaz
Visitor

i've done that and it tells me that i should use basic, but basic seems rather dull, thanks

rikaz
Visitor

thanks for all your advice guys, i will upgrade not just yet.

tash_edwards89
Visitor

Hi,
I have an FS315E. When I ran the upgrade advisor it recommended Home Basic. I simply upgraded my RAM (from 2x256MB to a 1GB and a 256MB left) and Home Premium was an option. I have since installed Vista Home Premium and my system is running fine with it after some slight problems with FN keys and S Buttons which have been sorted!

I am glad I paid the money, was all worth it in the end!

Tash