Join now - be part of our community!

URGENT need help for vaio vgn-fs215b

ams1
Visitor

URGENT need help for vaio vgn-fs215b

hey there,

i need your urgent help. I have sony vaio vgn-fs215b, all of the sudden i have had a virus in my computer and i had to format my hard drive and i don't know how my partition has been deleted as well. I don't have any sony vaio cd on me cuz i changed my house and lost it. I am trying to make a partitions and hopefully i will do it but how can i get my windows xp back in my vaio i brough the windows xp home edition cd from pcworld but it works but i couldn't get the sony vaio functions back, i tried download from vaio support site but at the time of installation the message come and says you don't have sony vaio system or this software is only for sony vaio.

please help me in this regard as soonest possible, also if possible that how could i make my partitions on DOS, i have 60 GB hard drive and fdisk can only support upto 2 GB.

thanks alot for your helps

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Damn that sucks

Have you spoken to Sony Support and explained the problem? They should be able to send you a new disk, no idea if they'll charge or not.

ams1
Visitor

thanks for yr answer

i tried getting another disc from them but they don't do it.

any other solutions ?????

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ams1 and welcome to the forum.

i tried getting another disc from them but they don't do it.

Original installation disks are available from Sony support at a cost of approx. £60 – I suggest that you call them back…

However, if you first download and install the pre-install utilities package and install the utilities (in folder order – starting with Sony Utilities (Installer Folder 1) and then Sony Shared Library (Installer Folder 2) and continue through to folder 11 you should find that the functions are restored.

After this procedure you may find that it will be necessary to re-install Sony Utilities (Installer Folder 1) and then Sony Shared Library (Installer Folder 2) followed by VAIO Event Service (Installer Folder7) a couple of times before the function keys work.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat